1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? September, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

HU Mauhuwa in an
    Apple bowl. Not too
    impressed with this one.
    Now loading GH Four
    Squires in the clay.
    Last of this sample, thanks
    to BL for sending me some!
    :th1:

Thuber88, Morse, Lucky Duck and 12 others like this.
  2. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Most of us wear an American Flag on our chest and we have proved that here in the forum. I believe you do also. We also have to remember what that flag stands for. Freedom and Justice are two of my favorite things about America doesn't just mean "US", it's for everybody, no matter what the eat nor how they talk and act!

Morse, user3221, dBear and 9 others like this.
  3. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Better bring as much back as you can and get your family there to understand how to replenish your supply. The slices used to be one of our favorite tobaccos back in the 70's. I don't think you will find anything back home like what you have there. I never did like Plum Cake, i'm surprised how long you made yours last, lol.

Thuber88, Morse, Lucky Duck and 8 others like this.
  4. Baccy Bert

Baccy Bert Member

I'm very indecisive with my smokes today, I start a bowl and do a U turn on the idea and set it to the side, either a lot of tidying to do later or DGT to the max...

Morse, Lucky Duck, mecompco and 12 others like this.
  5. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

The human pin cushion is home and had some PS Luxury Twist Flake in the 1918 Bowling Ball Stemmed Dunhill Root Billiard with real ivory spot.

[​IMG]

Condolences to FlatbushPaul and congratulations on your beautiful grandson and your return to our fold. Simon, get well dude we need your photos and wit, my next smoke of Strang is for you bro.

SidStavros, Thuber88, Morse and 17 others like this.
  6. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Good Morning all. Anni Kake in the Barling this morning. Pg tips in my mug.

Thuber88, Morse, Lucky Duck and 15 others like this.
  7. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Suzy and Molly were very happy to see me wake up today. Suzy followed me around the house, happy as she could be, and when Molly showed up a few moments later, we had a waggin' train going on. Well, they were wagging. I was lumberin'. Anyway, I needed a smoke and thanks to FishnBanjo, I'm smoking G&H Scotch Flake in a 2013 bent MM Missouri Pride Legend. I'm making this last because I only smoke it in this cob - not going to Lakeland a pipe, though that essence is mild in this blend. Going to have to buy some of it sometime. Now for Simply Orange to drink.

Flatbush Paul is back!!! That's great news to start this forum day with! Glad to see ya, buddy!!!! :toast:

Thuber88, Morse, rondel65 and 16 others like this.
  8. JWG25

JWG25 Active Member

Working from home today, so got time for a morning smoke. Golden Extra in a MM Patriot with strong coffee to keep the brain functioning at an acceptable level.

SidStavros, Morse, rondel65 and 15 others like this.
  9. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

Thanks to Baccy Bert I'm smoking some Peterson Irish Whiskey in the MM Legend.

Morse, rondel65, Lucky Duck and 14 others like this.
  10. Texhealer

Texhealer Active Member

Congrats on the grand baby Paul, and get well soon Simon.

I slept late this morning, started out with some proper English in a Roma bent Dublin, now I'm having some top black cherry in a cob drinking coffee but brewing a pot of tea to ice down for the days drinks. I still think its funny that this is "Tetley's British blend" and it's in bags and there's instructions on the box for " microwave use" ...I don't know for a fact but I'm pretty sure a proper pot of British tea would see the inside of neither one.

Thuber88, Morse, Lucky Duck and 14 others like this.
  11. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Glad you are back, Paul. Grats on the beautiful Grandbaby. Very sorry for your loss. I had an old 18 year old cat that was my best friend. Had a bad tumor on his back that could not be removed so had to have him put to sleep. Hardest thing I ever had to do. I still miss him.

Thuber88, Morse, rondel65 and 11 others like this.
  12. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

University flake in a rusticated Don Carlos Rhodesian.

Thuber88, Morse, rondel65 and 15 others like this.
  13. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Still smoking the 4 Squires,
    but wanted to wish Paul
    congrats and condolences.
    Simon, forget the beer, and
    go straight for the malt!
    Jake, had I known you had
    the day off, I would have
    Headed north for a few hours.

Thuber88, Morse, rondel65 and 14 others like this.
  14. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

My after lunch smoke is going to be Reiner Long Golden Flake, thanks to Mount Mandolin. Really good stuff.

MM I don't know if you noticed, but that bit of newspaper you packed on top of the samples was a Tiffany and Co. ad. I had my better half open the package for me when it arrived (I was busy drinking IPAs and playing GTA 5 with a buddy) and she squealed a bit when she opened it. She was less than pleased to find that I had not, in fact, purposely made her open it. :xd:

So thanks for the tobacco, and the chuckle. :byg:

Thuber88, Morse, rondel65 and 17 others like this.
  15. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

We'll have to coordinate a get together soon, DP. The prettier half has been wanting to go to ikea in Orlando again, and myself and a friend were thinking of letting the women go there, and hittng Corona's cigar shop. I'll keep you informed of the day as plans progress. :th1:

16. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

So Cold... Brrr.

GLPease Lagonda in a BST Calabash.

Thuber88, Morse, rondel65 and 17 others like this.
  17. Smokey Tom

Smokey Tom Active Member

I am quite taken with this sample of Jackknife Plug I got at the Chattanooga Pipe Show. Tastes and smells wonderful!

Thuber88, Morse, user3221 and 16 others like this.
  18. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Having some Old Companion in a Derringer with Maxwell House after finishing up a little work in the shop...
    [​IMG]
    Ok, I'm weird, but really wanted to make a camou stem! Think I'll double tap and have another bowl of this stuff with another coffee! Kinda like ice cream and sex, if once is good, twice is......

Thuber88, Morse, rondel65 and 18 others like this.
  19. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

LBF in...

[​IMG]

Sunshine and 70F. We're gonna pay for this stretch of nice weather.

SidStavros, Thuber88, Morse and 20 others like this.
  20. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Thanks MentorBV!
    yeah, well... Fräulein Huber isn't my type, but on the other hand, it's like one would have to be gay to find tobacco more attractive than boobies...
    [​IMG]
    looks like I'm stuck... should I ever again smoke a pipe, everyone thinks I'm gay...[​IMG]

SidStavros, Thuber88, TedVig and 14 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.