1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? September, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Velvet in a Peterson barrel.

2. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

RRR in a Falcon. Lemonade in the same mug as always and more Certified AAA homemade icecubes cooling it down and maintaining the proper temp in the dbl walled mug.

3. Cody Pearce

Cody Pearce Member

For whatever reason, I don't think I enjoy Sutliff Old Vienna as much as I used to. The last couple bowls have seemed a bit sour/chemically. I've had it in a ziplock. Maybe it became unsealed at some point, causing it to taste odd.

4. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Listing my next smoke a few minutes early so I can go back to the studio for a while. Louisiana Red in a 1999 medium bend black sandblast Savinelli Tris 677KS apple with a cumberland stem.

5. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Decided to go with a small bowl of Sutliff French Quarter to end the night instead. Getting ready to light it, I hope this stuff has laid down a bit after several months sitting in an open tin. Still smells ways too cased. Maybe I should let it really dry out with no lid for a few days, rehydrate, and repeat.

EDIT: It has gotten quite a bit better after having been open for about 4-5 months. When I first got it, I left it open with the lid off overnight to dry most of the moisture out. This stuff may be quite a bit better when I come back to it in another 6+ months. Kind of tasting the tobaccos at this point. Very curious cut.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  6. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

So, at last, my last smoke. My last one om my balcony, that is. Cold, and daybreak still an hour away. Tonight I´ll have another balcony and another smoke. Borkum Riff Bourbon in a Stanwell billiard.

7. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

I don't know if it just feels like that forever or it never dries out. :msty:

8. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Holy COW! I think this stuff really needs to sit open for quite some time. This is completely different than when it was wet and fresh. I mean, I can taste the different tobaccos now. The flavored casing has taken a nice nuance. All my French Quarter looks like it's covered in sugar now. This is actually pretty good stuff now. Next tin I get, I'm going to open it, and open the lid for days until it feels almost dry. Then jar it for a year+. good stuff suddenly. Room note will be great in the winter indoor smoking.

9. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Good evening folks,

I'm smoking Shortcut to mushrooms in a vintage MM General with a double 40 Creek chaser. I'm honestly wondering why I don't smoke this more often. And I'm seriously thinking I should mosey over to JFH and order a bit to cellar.

Cheers.:toast:

10. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

AJ's VAper in the Barling. I loved FnB's AJ's with some age on it, it was very nice. I wish it would do me some good to age some as well. The new stuff is not bad. It has a very sour note to it, which is good. Not as sour as the Cambridge Flake from Peretti's but nice anyway. I like it. More lemonade as is my obvious drink of choice.

11. moosecop

moosecop Member

Is it the bottom of the 5th yet?
    Are the bags loaded?
    I think I saw them stumbling to the bathroom.. She threw the bottle at me!!

12. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

What the heck was that post about? :msty:

13. moosecop

moosecop Member

Its DTG night tonight.. 2 pipes to finish Bosperus Cruise first, Maple Street to finish.. I do like the taste of the Cruise.. Think im gonna try more orientals this winter.. Any suggestions on low nicotine orientals?

Morse, surlysoul, psquared and 8 others like this.
  14. moosecop

moosecop Member

think baseball.. its a joke.. Bottom of the 5th inning ( 5th of Liquor) the bags (2 women) are loaded (drunk) ,,,:bangin::haha:

15. dBear

dBear Active Member

I'd suggest Peretti's Oriental #40 or Tashkent or Midnight. Different levels of oriental & latakia in them and all three are good. The Frog Mortons might be worth exploring, as well.

16. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

Kickin Chicken in the POY.

17. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

You know, D we should get a discount from them for telling so many people about there tobacco.

18. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

I sure hope C&D releases that Kicken Chicken next month. Wonder if anybody has heard anything about it or if they will even keep the name of it?

19. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Oh, I see. Well, naturally being the fine, honest citizen that I am, I just wouldn't know anything about drinking. No sir. Not me! :rolleyes: Now, if you ask about the Saint Bernard, well, that's another story. He keeps the keys to the whiskey cabinet.

jhguthlac, Morse, surlysoul and 12 others like this.
  20. moosecop

moosecop Member

interesting .. Something in Frog Morton made the lining of my mouth swollen years ago.. Never have touched it since..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.