1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? September, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dBear

dBear Active Member

Damn straight! Especially you, after blowing up my mailbox. I still have samples left!!!

2. MarkinCA

MarkinCA Member

Yes:snork:

3. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

I have about 2 bowls left from a sample back in January. I hope so too!

4. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Taking a short work break to feed Suzy and Molly and to list my next smoke, which is MacBaren Three Nuns in my trusty 1970s smooth three quarter bend Peterson System Standard 305. More ice water to drink because I obviously don't believe in drinking alcoholic beverages. :rolleyes:

5. MarkinCA

MarkinCA Member

St. Bernard still holding on to the key huh?;)

6. dBear

dBear Active Member

So, do you live in... oh, what's the name of that river in Egypt? Something Nile? DeNile?

7. dBear

dBear Active Member

:laff:

8. MarkinCA

MarkinCA Member

See you all in the morning. Got to get my beauty sleep!!!

9. JimInks

Listen close, both of you. Ready? Awww, go fry an egg!!!!!!

:laff::toast:

10. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Craig Ferguson has had a pipe in his hand this entire episode tonight, and gave a meer ( I think fake) calabash to his first guest, and to a female guest gave her a cob. He was flipping his stem upside down and saying he like it better like that, so it could burn him in the face. I laughed.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  11. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Sounds good right about now. I would need some bacon or ham to go with it. Then it becomes a meal and too heavy for right before bed.

12. JimInks

Just make sure it's cooked to the proper temperature.

13. Cody Pearce

Cody Pearce Member

I seem to be getting pickier about tobacco. It took me a while to find one I was happy with tonight, and that was my Shockoe Valley Vanilla. I'm not sure why it took me this long, but in the morning (or whenever I wake up) I'm going to mix vanilla and cherry, and see how that goes. It certainly sounds like a delicious combination.

14. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

I will backtrack to catch up after this.
    Its been a long day, I went through 10 bowls or more(lost track after 8) of IRC 3 star Blend, in 2 cobs,TB Meer lined,Grabow Duke,Brog 47, and cant recall what else.
    Worked all day stripping a motorcycle for parts(my buddies bike he totaled) and could barely stand by the time I was done(well 85% done) and did not eat anything all day, finally rested a little, had some canned sketti and dogs, now its Penzance(Thanks to FishnBanjo) with Harpo, its nice that he does not talk, just smiles when he is enjoying something, so he is smiling now, and we are having some chilled tea(the ice melted).
    Puff on Everyone!:D

15. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Sounds good to me as well, Cody. Several people make that combo, Prince Albert for one, but I haven't seen it around here. I did try and like Gawith, Hoggarth Cherry Vanilla. It's real lite and easy to keep lit. The link for that is here, http://www.pipesandcigars.com/ghtobacco.html

16. dBear

dBear Active Member

Now I've got Peretti Scottish Flake going in the GBD Tanzania not-quite-a-panel-billiard meer. I tried frying an egg, but it just ended up all over my face.

17. JimInks

Listing my next smoke a few minutes early so I can get back to work. MacBaren Navy Flake in a 1980s Peterson 314 Full Bend black Sandblast system pipe. Working, listening to old radio shows, and drinking more ice water. Work would be harder if I couldn't smoke while I do it. Life would be harder if I didn't smoke. I'll bet most of us feel that way.

18. dBear

dBear Active Member

+1 :toast:

p120d16y, YAPPG, surlysoul and 10 others like this.
  19. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Rubbed out a flake of Troost Slices and letting it dry a bit than will load it in the Country Gent. The bowls of my cobs are a bit small for fold and stuff. Calling for Indian summer days here so will get some smoking time in between preparing for the trip home.

Morse, rondel65, p120d16y and 20 others like this.
  20. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Made it to the end again, refilled Harpo with some Pipeworks & Wilke #10, finishing Curse of Chucky, then off to bed, the glass in my eyes is getting sharper, so its time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.