What Are You Smoking? September, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

Just finished cleaning up the house and packing before I head off to the Adirondacks for the weekend with my girl. Having a cup of cowboy coffee on the porch and some Dunhill Std in a Stanwell 63m. I can already tell its gonna be a nice couple days.

Thuber88, Lucky Duck, Morse and 19 others like this.
  2. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

I got one of the 100g tins of Marlin Flake a few years ago because I really like Rattray's Highland Targe and figured I'd give their VAs a shot. I ended up giving it away. It just tasted sour to me. Like that vinegary/ketchupy smell from the fermented leaf came through really strong in the smoke.

I want to give it and some other blends I just didn't get along with a try, but I don't have nearly enough time and $$$ for the blends I want to try let alone the ones I want to retry. First world pipe problems though right: "woe is me, there are too many awesome tobaccos for me to try I can't decide."

Thuber88, Lucky Duck, Morse and 13 others like this.
  3. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Active Member

Some Newminster SNF in The Sandpiper is starting my day, but the mailman just brought me the delivery from my FNG trade so I'll have something else to enjoy later.

Thuber88, Lucky Duck, Morse and 15 others like this.
  4. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Another bowl of classic Samsun in my larsen for my post lunch smoke. A perfect fall day.

5. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

The Matured Virginia #27 from McClelland has that pretty sour taste, but when just lightly puffed it mellows to such a great flavor a few minutes into it. I've still not tried so many tobaccos it's not even funny. Never had Rattray's, GLP, or anything Germain's. Many others. I've only been smoking a pipe for just over a year though. I've kind of learned not to rush it.

6. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Awake again or at least my feet think so. Just finishing a bowl of Capstan Gold Flake in a 1970s GBD Prehistoric Rhodesian 9438 with a perspex stem. Going to have a quick lunch and figure out my next smoke. Ice water properly chilled with sleepy li'l icebergs is my drink. I'm thinking of lemon meringue pie for dessert.

7. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Lemon meringue pie sounds so good. I haven't had that in many years.

8. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Good afternoon, all. It's a pleasant day, and before I am busy (I will be this evening) I thought I'd take a moment to sit down and enjoy a bowl of fine tobacco.

To that end, I've loaded the Fikri Baki bent poppy pod with Esoterica Tobacciana's Tilbury

Lucky Duck, Morse, YAPPG and 13 others like this.
  9. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

[​IMG]
    There should be a Lemon Meringue Virginia! I've definitely not heard of anything with a lemon topping, I know there are bright yellow/lemony VAs, but what about a.....Sutliff Lemon Meringue pie?

YAPPG, WalkinStick, mecompco and 10 others like this.
  10. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Seems fitting, I don't like Lemon Meringue Pie or Sutliffe. A match made in heaven.

YAPPG, WalkinStick, mecompco and 6 others like this.
  11. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Distilled water with real lemon juice squeezed in and sprayed over a VaBur blend....

Thuber88, YAPPG, WalkinStick and 10 others like this.
  12. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

At home for a little bit. Smoking some Peretti Park Square in a DGE nosewarmer poker.

User4408, Lucky Duck, Morse and 15 others like this.
  13. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Still dragging a little, so I figured I'd smoke an English blend to perk me up: Bosphrous Cruise in a medium bend 2001 Ural lattice Rhodesian with a yellow stem with white swirls. I'd have started smoking this sooner, but while I was eating a slice of lemon meringue pie for dessert, I saw p120d16y post a picture of one. Subliminal advertising works, because it made me think about having another slice, which I did. The good thing about being on a "see food" diet is that you can eat anything you want without breaking your diet.

14. MarkinCA

MarkinCA Member

If you ever end up taking in another tin of MF you don't need, you just go ahead and send it my way Deckard;) Hope you and your girl enjoy a great weekend brother:bing:

Lucky Duck, YAPPG, nicktrap and 9 others like this.
  15. dBear

dBear Active Member

Waking up with Classic Burley Kake in the Rekamepip Maplewood Tankard. Drinking coffee. And if JimInks would quit hogging all the lemon meringue pie, I'd have a piece of that for breakfast.

16. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

[​IMG] It's here, It's here, WOW, my own Redheaded Rockcob!!! First smoke will be Solani Aged Burley Flake, oh and when the kids got home from school they wanted me to wish you: TGIF ( whatever that means).

17. ChristTiger

ChristTiger Active Member

2 hours of work left...... now I'm hungry........... Thx P!

YAPPG, surlysoul, WalkinStick and 7 others like this.
  18. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thuber88, Morse, YAPPG and 7 others like this.
  19. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Happy Weekend,

Should be beautiful all weekend.

Pirate Kake, in a another weird looking twin bore.

[​IMG]

20. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

You've been rubbing it in lately. Damn that's nice.

Morse, YAPPG, surlysoul and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.