What Are You Smoking? September, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iain

Iain Active Member

[​IMG]

Morse, Lucky Duck, dBear and 12 others like this.
  2. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Granger in Rock Cob and Folgers in my cup

rondel65, Lucky Duck, dBear and 14 others like this.
  3. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Yes, it was beautiful at sun up although at 13C(55F)H81% shorts weren't the best choice. Went for a walk with a MM Legend loaded with LEO. It's clouded up since then but the skies are clear over in your direction.
    Back inside with Germain's Plum Cake in a Peterson Dracula 69. Black coffee out of the old percolator is tasting and smelling great. Looks like I can catch a ride back west tonight.

4. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Iain,
    Nice spool!

Morse, we're loading
    some GH Four Squires
    Flake in the clay.
    Second cup of coffee.

rondel65, dBear, WalkinStick and 13 others like this.
  5. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

MacBaren Latakia Blend in the Savinelli prince, tea on the side

rondel65, dBear, WalkinStick and 11 others like this.
  6. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

I've loaded the MM Diplomat with PS LTF for the Produce Row walkabout. Drinking complintary coffee, of course. Puff on!

rondel65, dBear, WalkinStick and 14 others like this.
  7. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Still awake, but hopefully not for too long. In the meantime, I'm smoking Metropolitain in a 1981 smooth full bend Mauro Series Two 315 p-lip that copies the Peterson system.

8. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Fell asleep really early last night. Only 2 smokes. Middleton Walnut, followed by Irish Oak. Hot dogs for dinner, then no after dinner pipes! Man am I off course.

After my Peterson Sherlock Holmes filled with EMP got my day started, needed mb Honey & Chocolate, but didn't take the time. Now I'm sitting at work and regretting my decision!

9. notrab

notrab Member

CH in my cob! Thanks guys for introducing me to this stuff!

10. Texhealer

Texhealer Active Member

Popped a tin of Margate this morning and giving it a go in my Dunhill shell Canadian, lots of coffee and watching the sun come up. The weather forecast is still in reruns.

It's kind of fun really, to watch the local weather forecast and see the poor guy trying to fill his time on air with the same stuff that's been going on for 4 or 5 weeks, highs in the 90's lows in the 70's light SW wind...there's only so many ways they can say it.

It'll be real fun when a front finally does blow through tho and we actually get some storms....they get wicked excited.:)

rondel65, Lucky Duck, dBear and 11 others like this.
  11. Roger W

Roger W Member

Just had some Sutliff Moulin Rouge in my Marxman Royal and a cup o' Joe on the patio - nice way to start off the morning before getting ready for work.

12. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Sitting here wishing I had smoked a second pipe this morning!!!!!!!!!!!! And readings these posts is certainly not helping. Very cool here today, like the weather knows Labor Day is past so its Fall. Great outdoor smoking weather has returned!

13. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Well, the sheets meant business last night, I arose with a cold nose on my face at some number past 0800! Had a bowl of Firefly Mix in the MM Diplomat with blue and white Forever Stem and quaffed two PRM's, need more but the cooler weather has dropped about 5 years from Levi's age and he is the Levi of yore meaning I got to get a walkabout in or there will be no living with him today. Need to help a friend with a printing issue and get stuff packed for the upcoming trip to the Catskills which means I need to shop for snacks too. Good morning PSFer's...........

Special note to Dust in the Wind who is waiting for his ship to come in, you may find you'll have better luck if you weren't waiting at the airport, just saying........ :whis:

14. Lithua pipe

Lithua pipe Active Member

Kickin Chickin in a Vauen, COFFEE.

rondel65, Lucky Duck, dBear and 12 others like this.
  15. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Glorious afternoon on the Yorkshire coast! - more like high summer than the start of autumn, so it's a seat in the garden and these two!
    OT
    [​IMG]

16. tdog

tdog Member

in the garden just smoked some avro mixture from smoke king in leeds uk english mix in the falcom nice smoke

17. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Time to get going. Stonehaven in a BST with coffee.

18. ShilohHollow

ShilohHollow Anchors Aweigh

I actually slept in till 5:45 today... Had a headache from too much sleep. Some 1792 in a Peterson System 31 cleared that right up followed by 2 cups of strong black coffee. I brought a tin of Best Brown and a Peterson Aran 999 to get me through the day. It's good to be back at work full time. It's amazing how little work I can get done at home with all of it's pleasures and comforts (and honey-do lists) to distract me.

rondel65, Lucky Duck, dBear and 13 others like this.
  19. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

78* 87% humidity and ready for my smoke break @ 10. There is no wind so I will finish the CG/Cob combo I started before work. Stormy, you came a little too close last night. Tripped the circuit breaker for my beer fridge and freezer. I don't mind a little rain now and then, but less than one second between the thunder and the lightening strike is too darn close!

rondel65, Lucky Duck, dBear and 15 others like this.
  20. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

And while I'm still awake, I'm smoking Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1980s smooth slight bend Wally Frank Dublin. Simply Orange is my drink.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.