What Are You Smoking? September, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Done .... Crown Royal :toast:

Morse, PipeSimmo, YAPPG and 7 others like this.
  2. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Absolutely! My freshman year in college, I knew a guy who smoked a cherry/latakia blend: 2 thirds cherry and one third latakia. I did that for a while and enjoyed it, though my local Tinderbox tobacconist thought I should have jailed for smoking that blend. Since I knew he just couldn't stand the thought of mixing the two, I always waited until he was working before I'd ask for it. Drove him crazy! :csmile: Anyway, dry out the Spinnaker a bit before mixing it, and give it a try.

Monkey, Morse, YAPPG and 10 others like this.
  3. JimInks

I'm going to be busy working for a bit, so I'm listing my next smoke early: Rekamepip's This & That in a 1975 medium bend sandblasted looking, smooth on the sides yellow Pioneer meer. I've just enough left for about half a bowl.

Brewers are smacking the Buccos around 7-2 in the 4th, Indians now lead the O's 6-4 in the 7th, Cards and Reds are tied 3-3 in the 9th, and Boston is walking all over the Tigers 13-4 in the 7th.

Morse, PipeSimmo, YAPPG and 13 others like this.
  4. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Your Huckleberry

bdp

YAPPG, Lucky Duck, fishnbanjo and 5 others like this.
  5. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Yawn! A long day. Did get out for supper and a couple ales before going back to work--had a couple bowls of CH in the Patriot while driving. Had a nice bowl of 965 once home--pretty much ready for bed, 3:30 comes early.

Morse, PipeSimmo, YAPPG and 15 others like this.
  6. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Doling out micro amounts to taste test progress and keeping the jar closed so you have enough left over till your Birthday
    I got a better idea.....

I'll send you one of these Stanwell Harlekin pipes
    the bowl is so small you could smoke a bowl every day till next year and still have some for the 4th of July

:whis:

Morse, PipeSimmo, YAPPG and 8 others like this.
  7. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Middletons Walnut
    in the Crater Pipe

100_3522.JPG

8. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

Evening everyone,

Tonight I enjoyed some rubbed out Stonehaven in my Shire pipe. Hmmmmm good stuff.
    [​IMG]

9. dBear

dBear Active Member

Looks like Moon rocks! :thu:

PipeSimmo, YAPPG, mecompco and 3 others like this.
  10. dBear

dBear Active Member

Smoking the last of the Pfeifen Huber English Balkans that Simmo sent me. Had just about enough for the little Pipe Arte slightly bent brandy, so that's what I'm smoking it in. Gotta think of what to smoke next 'cause this won't take too long.

Morse, PipeSimmo, YAPPG and 14 others like this.
  11. Yossarian

Yossarian Member

SWRA in a cob.

Morse, PipeSimmo, YAPPG and 15 others like this.
  12. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Lakeland Brickle Fortissimo in the Parker, inspired by a thread regarding this blend. It's not bad, it's just not especially good, and it doesn't really compare with "the genuine article." Still, it's not an unpleasant smoke.

13. dBear

dBear Active Member

Smoking Motzek Strang ( :hbang: ) in the Lean Squatch Volcano. Once again, my great thanks to Dr. StrangLove for introducing us to this tabak.

14. JimInks

I don't smoke enough perique blends these days, and right now, I'm doing something about it by smoking St. James Flake in a 1986 three quarter bend Bacchus face CAO meer. Ice water chilled to the proper temperature with floaty li'l icebergs who think DBear doesn't fully appreciate their station in life.

Reds and Cards are tied 4-4 in the 14th, Brewers have kicked the Pirates around 9-3 in the 8th.

Morse, PipeSimmo, YAPPG and 14 others like this.
  15. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

Another fine evening with the Downtown Toronto Pipe Club tonight. I had Dunhill Elizabethan Mixture in the Dunhill 3102, McC 3 Oaks in the Brebbia 1960 Sabbiata Nera 1005 and Hal o the Wynd in the 1969 Dunhill EP Canadian. I also got to see some more amazing examples of Mike Parks' work. This little billiard blew me away.

[​IMG]

16. JWG25

JWG25 Active Member

Just a little half-bowl of Captain Black White in the Grabow rusticated Duke before I turn in for the night

17. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

Escudo in a Balleby 1/4 bent brandy, and sippin' on some Bulleit Rye

Morse, PipeSimmo, YAPPG and 12 others like this.
  18. JimInks

Still working, but now I'm listening to MLB talk on the XM and smoking 1980s Briggs in a straight 1978 black sandblasted Sir Brent billiard with lucite stem and silver band repair on the shank.

Morse, PipeSimmo, YAPPG and 12 others like this.
  19. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Good evening. More Elizabethan Mixture, this time in a Squatch. This blend really changes depending on the pipe you smoke it in. So far the Northern Briars billiard has smoked it the best. More experimentation is in order.

Reading Wieland, by Charles Brockden Brown. Very early American novel, written in 1792, I believe. Fairly strange stuff really, but I like it so far.

Morse, PipeSimmo, psquared and 14 others like this.
  20. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Sitting down and feeling dozey but for now it will be some 2002 Crown Achievement (Thanks to FishnBanjo) with Pirate Jim, and I see T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.