What Are You Smoking? September, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dBear

dBear Active Member

Now it's Luxury Twist Flake in the Tom Howard pot dog. My floaty li'l icebergs have taken to growing beards, playing bongos and sitting around the water glass saying, "Be cool, man," which doesn't really work. So I guess I'm getting whatever temperature I get.

2. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Button Bay in a BST Canadian. I kept a straight face while airport security insisted on opening up the package of Tilsit and Esrom cheese that I brought back with me from a little cheese shop back east.
    19C(66F)H47%

Thuber88, Morse, SouthBound and 17 others like this.
  3. Atom

Atom Member

Doing the all-nighter thing.
    The coffee is brewing and I'll get started on a Dr. G Lark full of Middletons Apple for something mild with a pleasing aroma while I work in quiet solitude.

Thuber88, Morse, PipeSimmo and 13 others like this.
  4. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Still working, still drinking ice water, still listening to old radio shows, and now smoking Old Dark Fired in a 1970s GBD Prehistoric Rhodesian 9438 with a perspex stem.

Thuber88, Morse, SouthBound and 15 others like this.
  5. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

Stanwell Guarana in a billiard stamped Old Friend and (reassuringly) real briar. PG Tips. On the balcony.

Thuber88, Morse, PipeSimmo and 14 others like this.
  6. dBear

dBear Active Member

Oh it's been too long since I've done this. Firing up a big bowl of Black Lung in the Sav Auto blobby pipe. :toast:

Hey, Atom, what do you do that requires all night work?

Thuber88, PipeSimmo, YAPPG and 12 others like this.
  7. JimInks

Work is finally done for the day, so I'm relaxing with a bowl of Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2002 IMP smooth full bend egg shaped meer. Going to goof off and read and play "catch the ear plugs" with Suzy and Molly, now that they are fed.

8. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

A little Firefly Mix in the MM Mizzou with plum Forever Stem, on PRM #2, strong and black, #3 will be coming round shortly, good morning PSFer's. :ccup:

9. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Well the forever stems finally arrived here in Holland, took a month. Beautiful marble bent for the CG and straight for the Diplomat. Will fire up the CG with some Va Flake and see what is different if anything.

Thuber88, Morse, PipeSimmo and 12 others like this.
  10. JimInks

Last smoke before sleep is Rekamepip's "Sinphony" Mix in a straight 2012 Rekamepip made Sugar Barrel pipe. Hadn't had any cinnamon lately, so I felt it was time to fix that! See you folks later today.

11. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

[​IMG]

J.M. Boswell Countryside.

Thuber88, Morse, SouthBound and 19 others like this.
  12. Atom

Atom Member

Tonight I'm writing. Someday I hope to turn this mass of words into a book, but for now its just a creative hobby.
    I cant always make time for an all nighter, but I'll be trying to do this more often. I enjoy the quiet and uncomplicated nature of it. There are no distractions (except for PSF) and it feels like I have the entire world to myself.

13. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Good morning! Going to spend the day setting up laptop carts--I'm sure there are more boring things to do, but can't think of any right off the top of my head. Just finished some Sherlock Holmes in the Pete 305, I'm thinking some ODF is up next. Will load the Diplomat with Sugar Barrel for the drive to work. Have a great day, all.

Thuber88, Morse, PipeSimmo and 15 others like this.
  14. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Good Morning,

I had the heat on in the truck this morning, no frost, but we're getting there. Smoking PH Dark Strong (the batch that shared the mason jar with Pirate Kake) in a Squatch. The tobacco doesn't seem to be any worse for wear.

Thuber88, User4408, Morse and 18 others like this.
  15. dBear

dBear Active Member

I like to go walking around at 3:00 or 4:00 in the morning for precisely that reason. It's also why I envy Old Codger's lifestyle so much.

Thuber88, User4408, Morse and 13 others like this.
  16. porshcigar

porshcigar Member

Magnum Opus, in a smooth bent.

Thuber88, Morse, dBear and 10 others like this.
  17. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Good morning everyone. I'm DGTing some Mac Baron Virginia No.1 in the MM CG w/Forever Stem. I lit it up last night, then Daisy sidetracked me. So, I never got back to it. 'Till now, that is. Anyway, I'm drinking black coffee from a large brown mug, while I think about how I'm So Happy It's Thursday. 300 miles to do today, in good old truck No.60. This truck and I have grown so close because of all the time we've sat together on the side of the road, waiting for the tow truck. I really don't know what I'd do without old truck No.60. Puff on!

Thuber88, Morse, PipeSimmo and 16 others like this.
  18. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Newminster Superior Navy Flake in a freshly reamed and alcohol-treated Dunhill Diplomat ...

Eureka ... the flavor of SNF finally appeared! The key was to smoke it in a freshly cleaned pipe. The Dunhill wasn't ghosted at all. But the flavors of previous tobaccos had accumulated in the cake, and were washing out the flavor of SNF to the point where it was undetectable. Removing the cake and swabbing the chamber with alcohol fixed that in a hurry.

The SNF is definitely mild, but it's a fantastic Virginia. The aroma is subtle and addictive. The 'short-puff' technique I recently learned makes a world of difference ... really brings out the fragrance, and the pipe barely gets warm but burns all the way to the bottom.

Oddly this reminds me of the old Capstan Blue, but more understated. The same kind of Virginia goodness with a soft, slightly sweet edge.

19. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

[​IMG]
    Borkum Riff Bourbon in my red MM Legend (straight, danish bite).

20. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Good morning all!, I'm going 'retro' again today:) - G&H Dark XX in a dirty 'ole Bewdley Pottery clay......but for me - it don't get much better than this!
    OT
    [​IMG]

Thuber88, Morse, Wicker Man and 18 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.