What Are You Smoking? September, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Smoking some Brit's Balkan in a Legend this evening.

2. GlassEye

GlassEye Member

Just popped a two year old can of Rattray's Red Rapparee, perfect moisture level, loaded bent Falcon Dover.

3. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Guess it is unofficial cob week (for me) as I load up my MM Washington cob with good old Red Cake 5100.:sailor:

4. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

The BoSox are leading the Yankees 6-2 in the :dkn:, O's lead the White Sox 3-1 in the 8th, and he Reds lead the Cardinals :dkn:-2 in the 6th. Thanks to the generous Furious, I'm smoking 1960's Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2003 IMP horn Meer. Lots of work to do now that I've finished my research, and you can bet I'll be lighting up more pipe tobacco as I do it.

5. dBear

dBear Active Member

Got a second bowl of Dockworker going, this time in the Tom Howard pot dog. Good puffing, y'all!

6. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

[​IMG] Watching Midsomer Murders, a touch of Gj, and FVF in the Ferndown. Night all.

7. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

Its been a rough day of working on my truck. Going to relax now with some buffalo trace on the real rocks and a POY full of Special Curley/Perique mix. That should do the trick. Also, a big thanks to Jackwagon for helping me out so much on my truck!

8. Trauma

Trauma Active Member

Smokin' some Old Dark Fired while catching up on some Mountain Men episodes from the History Channel.

9. JWG25

JWG25 Active Member

Big relaxing bowl of Captain Black White in the MM bent Washington accompanied by a Guiness on this cool evening in NH.

My beloved Boston Red Sox are up 6-2 against the New York Yankees. All is right in the world. :D

10. JWG25

JWG25 Active Member

Wow! That pipe looks simply gorgeous. I'm still new to pipe smoking and I'm still figuring out which pipe shapes and characteristics I like best. But dayumm, the sandblast and the metal mount with the straight stem and the apple/pot shape on that pipe look so good to me.

p120d16y, mecompco, nicktrap and 9 others like this.
  11. Atom

Atom Member

I finished the last bit of Erinmore Flake this afternoon, and while I did enjoy it as something different an unique, there are tobaccos that I enjoy more, so another tin won't be in the near future.
    And now continuing on with something different from the usual routine, Rum and Maple in a Medico Ever-Dri. This is from a local B&M bulk jar, so I'm guessing its a blend from Lane. There is no black cav, just moist thin brown ribbons that smell mostly of rum with slightly sweet vanilla maple.

12. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Your Huckleberry

bdp
    :th1:

fishnbanjo, mecompco, YAPPG and 5 others like this.
  13. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

Frog Morton's Cellar Pipe in the billiard lattice meer.

14. Kevin Ng

Kevin Ng Member

Finally, there is someone smoking the same tobacco as I am... :)

15. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Red Sox still lead the Yankees 7-4 in the 7th, but the Yanks are threatening to score more runs. A bad safe call at third is helping them. Reds now lead the Cardinals 6-2 in the 9th. I'm now smoking BRG Mixture in a straight sandblasted black billiard 2013 PSF POY Kaywoodie with an amber colored lucite stem. I'm really liking this blend a lot. If you like VaBurs and smoked the blend this is cloned from (Briggs), you'll like this. In fact, I've been smoking HOW 1980s Briggs, and this tastes very much like it, but I think the burley in BRG is a little tastier.

16. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

Half a bowl of dark Birdseye in the Oscar Dry Dublin. Bed soon to follow.

17. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Telegraph Hill in the Medico Apple. More Coke Zero.

18. ZeissMan

ZeissMan Member

What do you think you will get for the Leonard?
    Just checking.
    Sweet sweet rod.
    ~ ZeissMan

"Went out to test cast a Phillipson 7'6" 2 pc and an HL Leonard Duracane 7'6" 2 pc to see what line WT they wanted and found both satisfied greatly with Scientific Angler's Mastery 5 WF. Think the Phillipson would handle a 5 TT and 5 DT handily and the Leonard a 5 WF or DT Sylk, these will head to the Catskills Fly Fishing Museum next weekend up for sale. Was smoking some Troost Slices in the Rainer Barbi, a lovely combo that, actually anything I put in the Barbi has been a lovely combo, one of my favorite bents.

19. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Peterson's Hyde Park in the rusticated Peterson System Standard 312. Good stuff, but I'm surprised I can taste it - I just had a late night dinner with some very strong flavors right before this smoke (steamed vegetable dumplings with chili/garlic paste, a couple cloves of raw garlic on the side)

20. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

C&D Comfort in a Matzhold volcano with some Dickel 12, watching the first NFL game of the season!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.