1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? September, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Red Sox lead the Yankees 9-8 in the 10th. I'm smoking Mid 1920s Half and Half in a tan etched medium bend 2001 Rinaldo Sahara 2 Acorn round at the shank, pointy at the opposite top. Ice water chilled properly and the floaty li'l icebergs said they're used to it.

2. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Watching that same game. Smoking some OJK in a Falcon. Still drinking Coke Zero.

3. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

McConnell Scottish Cake in the Ashton Brindle XX Canadian, freshly returned from Norwood Pipe Repair with a new piece of silver jewellery.

[​IMG]

4. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Just finished some Troost special Cavendish in a Tilshead prince. Great smoke.

5. Albert

Albert Active Member

Three friars in a Spillcob....... My favorite burley pipe .

6. ZeissMan

ZeissMan Member

Doing Dickel 12 in Denver and watching the game with the dogs.
    ~ Zeissman

7. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Denver is going to send them home with their tails between their legs.

8. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

London Mixture in the Hooligan Bull. Drinking Big Mick's Whiskey Barrel Stout (not available publicly). I shall be the very definition of uselessness tomorrow.

9. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Time to try and catch up again on all this, or until my eyes are burning, and to tide me over I am sharing some Penzance (thanks to FishnBanjo) with Harpo, another new flavor for him, but he does not say much at all....
    and ice tea
    Hope everyone has had a pleasant day, but I will be finding out as soon as I can wade through 10 pages:rolleyes:

Old Codger, p120d16y, Morse and 14 others like this.
  10. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

It´s getting harder and harder to keep up. This thread is like a forum in itself. Now off to work.

YAPPG, p120d16y, Morse and 11 others like this.
  11. JimInks

Still working, still drinking ice water, but now listening to the BBC News on the XM and thanks to our favorite fisherman, smoking Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls in a 1998 smooth medium bend Peterson Limerick 69 with a nickel band.

Old Codger, YAPPG, Morse and 13 others like this.
  12. dBear

dBear Active Member

Had an after dinner bowl of HU Makhuwa, (thanks, Simmo!) very chocolatey mostly burley blend that inexplicably turned into a nap. :msty: And now I have to decide whether to smoke a third bowl of Dockworker, a second bowl of Makhuwa, or do something entirely different. Decisions, decisions, decisions!

Old Codger, YAPPG, p120d16y and 15 others like this.
  13. dBear

dBear Active Member

Turned out not to be that hard after all. Firing up a bowl of Peretti London Flake in the Lean Squatch Volcano. Cool water on the side because my floaty li'l icebergs are having something they call a "groove in" and can't be disturbed.

Old Codger, Hofnar, YAPPG and 15 others like this.
  14. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Ok, I made it...
    Hope that FishnBanjo has a safe and happy trip today!
    Maybe I can get up and catch the giant blue headed wild chicken staring in my porch window like I did today, before I could find my camera, but by then, him and the rest of the herd was farther away cleaning my back yard.
    3 cats and not one of them can catch a psuedo wild chicken, something has gone a-fowl with this picture:shead:

Bed time, want to catch the mail and the Fed-ex guy before my day picks up speed again.
    Finishing the Penzance with Harpo, he is smiling that goofy smile we know and love him for.

Always remember Virginia... There aint no Sanity Clause!;)

Sodbuster, Old Codger, YAPPG and 16 others like this.
  15. JimInks

Work is done for the day, so while I play "catch the ear plugs" with Suzy and Molly, I'm smoking Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter. Listening to baseball talk on the XM, too.

Thuber88, Old Codger, YAPPG and 15 others like this.
  16. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Late morning breakfast, usual bowl good old folks food, topped with blackberries. Now time for a bowl of VA Flake in the MM Diplomat with the new straight forever stem.

17. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Good morning! Working on the second cup of coffee enjoying a flake of ODF in the Paykoc meer. Patriot loaded with Sugar Barrel for the drive to work and the pouch full of CH for the drive home. Looks like another long day setting up laptop carts and dealing with our 400 new iPads. Glad it's Friday! Have a great day, all.

18. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

[​IMG]

19. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Happy Friday,

It was 38F when I went out to enjoy the big clear sky this morning. I know that we are not done with summer by a long shot, but these cool mornings are a real treat.

While stargazing, it was PH Dark Strong Flake in a James Upshall, while typing this, it's Copenhagen and coffee.

20. User4408

User4408 Active Member

A delectable bowl of bulk MB Va. No. 1 in a Savinelli Baronet Bruyere 315 EX ...

[​IMG]

The wide chamber of the 315 EX seems to magnify the flavor of any tobacco smoked in it. The other advantage is excellent combustion: even though the VN1 is barely smoldering at the height of its flavor and aroma, there's little chance of it going out. I can wait 15 seconds between puffs and still get a thick, richly-flavored volume of smoke with just a short draw. This and the 316 EX are two of my best smoking briars.

Sodbuster, Thuber88, Atom and 22 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.