What Are You Smoking? September, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tdog

tdog Member

just sat in the back garden with my son tim and we both tried the peterson sherlock holmes i had mine in my peterson dublin great smoke tdog

MDaws79, psquared, Morse and 13 others like this.
  2. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Just finishing mid-1920s Half and Half in a tan etched medium bend 2001 Rinaldo Sahara 2 Acorn round at the shank, pointy at the opposite top. Going to get another smoke.

Thuber88, psquared, nicktrap and 13 others like this.
  3. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Started the day with Rekamepip english blend :th1:. Now having my first ever 4noggins Essence of Vermont. Why haven't yall told me about this stuff????

Thuber88, psquared, nicktrap and 16 others like this.
  4. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Your Huckleberry

I've thought about trying it, since OC smokes it quite a bit. How is it?

Thuber88, mecompco, YAPPG and 6 others like this.
  5. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Slept in a little thanks to m'lady, who was very quiet and fed Suzy and Molly while I snoozed. When I did get up, the girls were happy to see me, especially Suzy, who ran to me, and tried to grab my foot so I'd notice her. So I ended up sitting down in the hall to pay her some attention. Molly got jealous, so I had play with both of them, which was fun. So, now that I have that and few other things out of the way, I'm planning my work day, listening to the Cards and Pirates game, drinking a can of Mountain Dew and smoking the last of PipeSimmo generous gift of Motzek#93 in a 2001 medium bend straight grain Karl Erik freehand with a silver ferrule. Many thanks to you Simon, for your thoughtfulness! :appl::toast::bing:

Thuber88, psquared, nicktrap and 12 others like this.
  6. LoganG

LoganG Member

Just getting into work, smoking a cob of Prince Albert Cherry Vanilla. Taking a little time to get the mind right.

[​IMG]

7. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

DFS in the Oscar Dry Dublin before I do some yard work.

psquared, nicktrap, Morse and 9 others like this.
  8. Atom

Atom Member

It's time to take the dog out for a walk and then relax in the sun with Mac Baren Virginia Number One in a little YelloBole nosewarmer. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

psquared, nicktrap, Morse and 12 others like this.
  9. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Smoking 221B Arcadia. In the black rock cob for the first time.

psquared, nicktrap, Morse and 11 others like this.
  10. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

Squadron Leader in the MM Diplomat

psquared, nicktrap, Morse and 11 others like this.
  11. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Your Huckleberry

Just woke up in my porch chair still clenching a cob.

I was sitting out here smoking some 2004 GLP Renaissance :toast: Psquared.

I guess between working all the time and the couple of Widmer Brothers Alchemy ales, I just fell asleep. I feel like a real old codger now.

12. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I've been working on emptying some nearly-empty mason jars lately. I really want to like University Flake, but it tends to burn hot and ashy for me by the end of the smoke. Hoping trying it in a bigger pipe might help it smolder a little cooler and maintain it's flavor better. It's good stuff, just not good with my smoking style, I guess. Still, the jar is nearly empty and could be used to contain something I like better, so I better smoke the last few bowl's worth of the stuff.

University Flake in the Baki poppy pod/tooth/whatever the heck this thing is supposed to be. Seltzer water and Jodorowsky's The Holy Mountain on the side.

[​IMG]

13. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

You are very welcome Mr Inks, glad you liked it. :toast:

For my part I would like to thank David Emond for his thoughtfulness for sending me Stonehaven, which I'm now going to enjoy in a Tinsky Xmas pipe. :toast: David!
    [​IMG]

14. CthulhuDawg

CthulhuDawg Member

I was waiting for my parents to show up for breakfast at a local diner this morning when I noticed a small tobacco shop in the same strip. I stopped in to see what they had and walked out with Sir Walter Raleigh. I smoke SWRA all the time but have never tried the regular. I'm smoking a bowl of it now and it may be my new everyday smoke.

15. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

[​IMG] On bad arthritis days, I like to wrap my fingers around this large surface area meer and let the warmth sink in. Triple Play from G.L.Pease is medicinal for body and soul.

16. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Filled the mm cob CG with Irish Oak. Goes well with listening to the Phillies on the pc radio.

17. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

I’ve had this piece of box section in the “that’ll come in handy” pile so long I can’t remember where I picked it up.
    [​IMG]
    I asked the Bear to stop building his Cold Fusion Reactor in the Shed
    and make a Jacking Frame for the White Oak Moulds
    He wanted safety glasses in case Dwaugh came round !
    [​IMG]
    I smoked the Rekamepip Briar and watched
    [​IMG]
    then there was the unmistakable Roar of a Merlin Engine and the Spitfire didn’t just fly over
    it came back with a couple of sharp turns, climbs and dives ??? maybe he saw the Bear’s
    [​IMG]
    Welding Flash
    [​IMG]
    the house max is 15 amps so it’s limited to 2.5 mm rods at 70 Amp
    [​IMG]
    but the Bear just got penetration
    [​IMG]
    and it’s looking good, and swapped to the WHC Meer lined Briar because even though the Rekamepip Briar is a great yard pipe being light and "short" it won't fit under the welding helmet !
    [​IMG]
    It’ll get the big test Monday as anything that’s Colour Cured in the Barn is going to get Blocked to make room
    for the Sucker crop as it’s been clear and cold the last few nights and is forecast to get down to 35*F tonight
    I’ll watch the weather and any chance of a frost I’ll harvest everything that’s not in the Greenhouse
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Edit :- I'll post this in the "growing log" as well then it's not lost

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  18. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

BBF in a Trypis pot.

Thuber88, psquared, Morse and 14 others like this.
  19. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Just finished bowl of MB Honey and Chocolate in my Bacca bent, that I bought in NJ my wife and I's first Christmas together. Decided maybe it needed an alcohol cleaning, as it has not had one in nearly a hundred smokes. Phillies and Braves now tied 2-2.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
    Thuber88, psquared, nicktrap and 12 others like this.
  20. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

A great [must see] movie for tonight: The Brotherhood of War [2004]

[​IMG]

This historical film is an epic about two brothers during the Korean War. Jin-tae (Jang Dong-Gun) is the protective older brother who tries to support his family as a shoe shiner while Jin-seok (Won Bin) is the fragile younger brother who's also a student trying to get into college. When war breaks out in 1950, Jin-seok is drafted into the South Korean army to fight the North. So in order to protect his younger brother, Jin-tae tries to prove himself a hero by winning medals and fame, in the hopes of sending Jin-seok safely back home. As a result, Jin-tae risks his own life by volunteering for dangerous missions, such as setting mines and
    attacking enemy bunkers. Yet ironically, the brutalities of war and greedy desire for power change Jin-tae as he starts to enjoy and gloat in the glory that comes with being a hero. This leads to conflict between the two brothers as Jin-seok questions his brother’s morals and motives.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Tae_Guk_Gi:_The_Brotherhood_of_War

with the company of: Cornell and Diehl Autumn Evening. :sh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.