1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? September, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

CH in the Peterson Donegal Rocky XL 02

2. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

My burley blend in a CG.

I have really been honing in on what I like in a burley and am glad to say that when this jar is empty, I'll not do this again but it has been a great learning experience.

psquared, nicktrap, Morse and 12 others like this.
  3. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Peter Stokkebye luxury navy flake in A Savinelli. I let it get too dry but still not bad.

4. Tony Bybee

Tony Bybee Member

macB va #1...... Been watching football nonstop since yesturday about 11 a.m.......love football season. that is , i love american football. dont want to confuse them bloaks across the pond.

Atom, psquared, nicktrap and 11 others like this.
  5. dBear

dBear Active Member

Smoking a Rekamepip blend in the Falcon. Another easy lighting, easy smoking blend.

Thuber88, psquared, nicktrap and 13 others like this.
  6. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I was extra thirsty and killed that bottle of NuGrape, so I snagged a bottle of Bubble Up soda for my next drink. I also have a new smoke, which is Louisiana Red in a 2003 medium bend Nording 4 rough top sitter with a small rusticated area at the top left.

Thuber88, psquared, nicktrap and 12 others like this.
  7. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Good evening PSFers

I'm marking today as the best summer smoke day of 2013. After a week of temps ranging from 97* to 102*, we got a nice break, especially for Texas! As we drove home from church, a thunderstorm rolled in. The outside temp display on the truck started dropping from 91* to 86. Fifteen minutes later it was 82, and as we turned down River Road it hit 74. I knew it was going to be a back-deck-smoke-a-bowl kind of afternoon. View from the back deck:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I loaded up the Wiley galleon with another parfait- Stonehaven folded & stuffed in the bottom and Carter Hall packed firm on top. The boys and the dog were playing on the back deck while I sat in my outdoor Lazyboy recliner. The oafy cat napped on a footstool, while thundershowers were visible on the hills all around us, and the distant sound of thunder rumbled now and then. The thermometer on the deck read 73* and there was a perfect cool breeze, blowing smoke away now and then. Even though I enjoyed an hour long bowl, it still seemed to end too soon.

Wicker Man, I chose the pipe for you. I have 2 Wiley pipes, but this one is the sitter. It has a 7/8" diameter chamber, and is 1 7/8" deep, with a round bottom. Its not a light pipe, but it is not unclenchable.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

:th1::nwor::drly:

9. Texhealer

Texhealer Active Member

I spent a large part of my Sunday working on a W. O. Larson double black Roadie from the junk box that was drilled so poorly I didn't think I could fix it, looking down the mortice it looked like a lop sided 8 with the bottom being the mortice and the top being the draft hole. I can't believe it ever left the factory like this.

Well after a couple of attempts at redrilling both holes I got it, the shank is a little thin in places but I fit a new stem to it did a salt alcohol treatment and a buffing and I am currently being rewarded for my efforts with a fantastic smoke of standard mix medium, the draw is effortless and its smoking cool and dry, heck i even got it so it passes a pipecleaner, looks like another one for my rack of " smokes too good to sell" pipes. :) afternoon coffee to go along with it.

Thuber88, psquared, nicktrap and 16 others like this.
  10. dBear

dBear Active Member

Killer pipe and killer travelogue! :thu:

Thuber88, YAPPG, Morse and 9 others like this.
  11. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

2009 GLP Barbary Coast in the Chacom. Chillin outside savoring a Lions victory

Thuber88, psquared, nicktrap and 13 others like this.
  12. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Good afternoon, folks. Smoking some Elizabethan Mixture (big surprise, huh?) in a group 4 Dunhill Shell LBS billiard. Delightful.

Sundays always kind of bum me out. Last day of the weekend and all that. But, as always, I shall persevere. :)

13. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Had to go into town and finish up a virus removal job and get some groceries. Had some Sugar Barrel in the Dip w/Forever stem and some CH in same while driving. In for the evening, trying not to think about having to go to work tomorrow and having some Billy Budd in my London Made bent bulldog.

14. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

While waiting for dinner, I'm getting in this next smoke: 1980s Union Leader in a 1979 medium bend etch relief meerschaum lined TinderBox Arabesque.

15. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Come sun down it will be time to blow the dust out of garage
    :whis:

till then i will stoke up shop pipe and continue to make 50 pounds of dust from 10 pounds of stone
    :msty:

16. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

More PS LTF, same method as last time. This time in my 2013 Kaywoodie PSF POY. Have a great Sunday evening everyone!

17. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

I know football season has started, but I am still in baseball mode. Wife I did watch about 15 minutes of the 49ers game, but now I am ready for the Sunday night (baseball) game. Took Teddi out for a run so maybe she won't bother me (fat chance). Now sitting back with my mm cob Diplomat filled with Luxury Blend.

18. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Kendal Dark in the Peterson System

19. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Smoking Escudo in a BC bent bulldog while waiting for dinner.

Thuber88, BradNTX, mecompco and 16 others like this.
  20. kb7get

kb7get Member

Was out in the front yard smoking Carter Hall in a cob when Wicker Man came by while he was taking Teddy out for bike ride.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.