1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? September, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Reds-Dodgers game has started and I've got Pete's Connoisseur's Choice in a small Peterson pipe. Tasting very good tonight. Berry flavored Propel Zero is my drink.

2. User4408

User4408 Active Member

A mouthwatering testimonial.

Makes me want to fire up a cannonball of LTF in one of my MMs. But right now I'm mid-bowl into some 15-year-old Mac Baren Va. No. 1 in a straight MM Legend, and wouldn't interrupt that for the world.

It'd be interesting to hear your long term experience with LTF. Did you start off liking it? Have you noticed more nuances, and has it gotten more enjoyable over the months/years?

Thuber88, Atom, mecompco and 15 others like this.
  3. JWG25

JWG25 Active Member

MacBaren Club Blend in the Dr. G Duke

4. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Going into the 4th, Homer Bailey is no-hitting the Dodgers and leading 1-0. I, on the other hand, have a hit on my hands as I smoke Tilbury in a three quarter bend 1983 Jobey Danski 2 straight grain freehand rough top sitter. A bottle of Sprite is my drink.

5. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Velvet in a mm cob. A crystal clear adult bev is my nightcap drink. Thinking of that, I am going to have to order NC for my fall rotation.

6. ShilohHollow

ShilohHollow Anchors Aweigh

Best Brown in a Peterson Deluxe 9s while patching my hunting coat in preparation for the upcoming season.

7. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

Evening everyone,

Its a cool night over here in Quebec so its a perfect time for some Heavy bbq lat bomb. Tonight im smoking some Holly's Discovery from Dan tobacco. Its Old Ironsides big brother. Cool, smoky bbq scent hmmmm good. Smoking this in my BST lat bomb pipe hehe.

[​IMG]

8. dBear

dBear Active Member

I'm just replying this to make sure WickerMan sees it. :poke:
    Wicker Wicker'd!! :xd:

(I might be posting this for a long time.)

9. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Well, last night I decided to have another go at the new (Scandinavian Tobacco Group) Sir Walter Raleigh in a well-rested bent MM Legend. It was a truly memorable smoke, though a bit moist. VERY enjoyable. I could definitely tell it was SWR: nice earthy flavor and deep aroma. But it seemed slightly better than what I've had in the past ... a tad more refined, if that makes any sense. Anyway, I let the pouch contents air-dry in a humidor for 1.5 hours. Hopefully the next round will be even better.

But it's difficult to stray from Virginia for very long. So now it's a bowl of vintage Va. No. 1 in a straight MM Legend ...

[​IMG]

This batch, opened in March 2011, was from the old-style tin which I estimate to be about 15 years old. It's definitely the same, good old Mac Baren Va. No. 1, but a bit toastier in flavor perhaps.

10. furious

furious Junque collector

Ending the weekend right with FVF folded and stuffed into a Charatan bent stacked billiard.

11. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Another round of John bull in corn pipe
    good thing i ordered more - this pouch went fast !

12. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Love that pipe!

13. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

3:30am will be here soon. That's my getting up time. Think I need to fiish this pipe of MBHoney & Chocolate and get myself to bed. Cincie and the Dodgers will have to finish this game without me!

14. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

Loved my tin of that stuff, i can still smell the honey on my fingers after packing a bowl.

15. Marker

Marker Active Member

Strang in my Kaywoodie POY. Took a while to get it puffin, but worth it none the less.

16. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

[​IMG] My daily FVF drip, in the Ferndown with the Church Warden stem. This is the first one to come with two stems. Almost like two pipes; but not quite.

17. bubbagump

bubbagump Well-Known Member

Smoking some CH in a MM cob with a basil meadows forever bit.

It's finally nice outside...a VERY cool breeze. I should head in, but I think I'm going to give it another bowl.:bing:

18. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Well I just got home from being away since Fri. a.m. where we were either on the road to Livingston Manor NY for the Catskill Rodmaker's Gathering, at the Gathering or on the road home from the Gathering. I smoked my last pipe of the day in the SL500 coming back from my friends house. Will report on many things tomorrow once I've caught up with the 8 pages of :blah::blah::blah: backlog and the sheets release my dragging butt, until then, Goodnight Mrs Calabash wherever you are...... :D

19. furious

furious Junque collector

I wonder if old Schnozola ever smoked a pipe? Ach-ach-aaaa!

20. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

sipping on my e cig while watching the Cowboys volley with the Giants

Schmecto Schmooler in the tank

:p:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.