What Are You Smoking? September, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I have a mini jar packed full of 1-Q. It's probably been well over a year since I last tried it, so I'm giving it a whirl in the Bjarne freehand. This pipe hasn't been smoked in a while, either, and it sits, so maybe I should have "dusted" it first. This is a less than impressive smoke, but I don't know if it's the fault of the tobacco or the pipe. Or both. I'll give it another try soon, but if it doesn't perform better, I'll toss the stuff. Or send it to some sucker. Honestly I just should go ahead and buy a big thing of Top Black Cherry for when I want an aromatic, because really that stuff is just fantastic. I don't think GH makes a bad tobacco. At least, I haven't tried one yet. I wonder how their other aromatics are. I think Kentucky Nougat sounds interesting, and if they make American Delight with anything like the quality that Top Black Cherry has, it should be a home run, too. Anyway, I'll probably finish this smoke...or at least most of it, but I'll have something else afterwards to finish the evening

2. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Painter Hills in a medium IMP meerschaum. Nice full relaxing smoke while watching the US team's first win in this AC series. Crushed ice with a chunk of lime down there in the bottom somewhere. 16C(61F)H82%

3. cigarsarge

cigarsarge Active Member

HH Old Dark Fired in a churchwarden...Side of Diet Coke.

4. Texhealer

Texhealer Active Member

Smoking Independence in a cob with the last of the evening coffee, waiting on the Brit coms on PBS and restoring a Savinelli dry system from the junk box. It looks like its going to shape up real nice.

5. GlassEye

GlassEye Member

Rattray's Red Rapparee in the bent Falcon Dover while watching the stars (and aircraft).

6. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Just finished Blue Danube in the very first pipe I ever bought ($2.95) in 1974; a smooth three quarter bend Dr. Grabow Omega. Now to get my next smoke. BRB.

7. JimInks

The Saint Bernard just brought me my supplies. Good boy! 1980s Briggs in a straight 1978 black sandblasted Sir Brent billiard with lucite stem and silver band repair on the shank. Listening to C-Span 3 special on Teddy Roosevelt. Ice water cilled to the proper temperature with nice li'l icebergs is my drink. More work to do, but I'll be back soon.

8. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

Started the day a few hours ago with the usual monster coffee and some 10 Ruskies in a Grabow. As much as I love the TR I will be most happy when my noggins order arrives. I much prefer to start the day with burley and coffee, especially CH.

9. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

Finishing the day with some C&D Red Carpet in a Former silver spigot 1/2 bent billiard and sipping on Ridgemont Reserve 1792.

10. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

Yesterday, after driving around the ourskirts of Louisville, KY & driving around Toms Knobs, IN~ I decided Burley was best for a smoke, so I enjoyed some H&H Burley Kake in my CAO Meer and the lady did the same in her new bent churchwarden while we played cribbage & enjoyed the sound of the locusts & crickets chirping in the grass fields of Southern Indiana over a few glasses of sweet tea and honey biscuits with apple butter~

11. JimInks

Mr. Wooly suggested I list my next smoke a few minutes early, so I can get back to work I always take his wise counsel to heart, as the world once did when he was in public life. So, thanks to FishnBanjo, I'll be smoking Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls in a 1998 smooth medium bend Peterson Limerick 69 with a nickel band. The Saint Bernard's hid the keys to the whiskey cabinet, so yeah, I gotta go work! :( :bbaby: I'd remind him that I own that whiskey, but he suddenly disappeared when I brought the subject up, but I'll bet I know where he's at because I just heard clinking shot glasses.

12. Morse

Morse Active Member

Evening PSF. Alas no smoking this weekend but in tobacco related activity I completed my cellar inventory and re-organization today. It would be a lie to say that I need more tobacco - but sadly it would also be a lie to say that I don't want more tobacco............

13. dBear

dBear Active Member

After dinner smoke was a Rekamepip blend in the Squatch Lean Volcano. Now I'm smoking another Rekamepip blend in the Falconwarden.

14. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Firedance Flake in a Peterson 80s. Having fun listening to what comes up when entering Boogie Woogie in youtube.
    Maybe one more flake of this outside since there's actually sky to be seen tonight even though I'm in the city, and then call it a night. 14C(57F)H84%

15. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Active Member

Have had company this weekend, finally have time to kick back. I'm making up for lost smokes. MacB Vanilla Cream in my Boswell, some Dulcet I've attempted to reconstitute in my GBD Virgin 104, and now trying the new Elizabethan Mixture in my Viprati.

16. Beefcube

Beefcube Member

Huge bowl of Capstan in a Peterson Sport Pot, damn thing smoked forever and I had to let it go to pickup the wife at work.
    She's a manager/bartender and worked to cover a shift tonight..... Beef drinks for free when this happens.

17. dBear

dBear Active Member

What a great flippin' idea! Thanks! :thu:

'Bout to load up a bowl of London Flake in the Kaywoodie PSF POY 2013

18. KingsTarantula

KingsTarantula Active Member

Just smoked a fat bowl of Molto Dulce out of my new Kimberly I picked up from ebay and cleaned up. It smoked better than I thought it would. Didn't have to relight at all once it was lit and with the big bowl it took me about around 90 mins.
    [​IMG]

19. JimInks

Listening to a big argument about steroids on the MLB XM channel. Still working, still drinking ice water, and now smoking Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2002 IMP smooth full bend egg shaped meer.

20. JimInks

Still doing all the stuff I mentioned in my last post. Suzy and Molly came into the studio and sang "Feed me, ya lazy bum" in two part harmony, so properly chastised, I gave them some tuna and whitefish. To save myself time, I figured I'd list my next smoke now, which I'm about a couple of minutes away from lighting: Louisiana Red in an unbranded '70s Charatan smooth Billiard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.