What Are You Smoking? September, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Nanny game.
    :rolleyes:

surlysoul, YAPPG, fishnbanjo and 6 others like this.
  2. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Prepped out some decking at a jobsite and came home to finish the porch [ maybe ] . That primer aint coming off the driveway .. lovely . I've been watching Waylon Jennings videos on youtube ... the guy is such a bad ass . A new Johnny Cash documentary came out called My Father and the Man in Black which looks like it might be pretty good . Had a nice couple bowls of IRC Old Colonial in my Medico Cavalier at the jobsite and I guess I'll actually quite looking at music videos and get up to finish the porch ... thinking , MB GE and a MM Legend

3. Sodbuster

Sodbuster Member

I love me some Waymore, man. I had no love for country music until a friend played the "Honky Tonk Heroes" album for me. That and Willie's "Red-Headed Stranger" are probably desert-island discs for me. Now...time to break out the Lorenzo and try some of this 957.

4. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

I only act as the conduit...I'm just trying to spread out my grief when the last of Berg's gift disappears. I will say this, the sample window is closed.:beck:

nicktrap, surlysoul, YAPPG and 8 others like this.
  5. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

MacBaren Virginia No. 1 in the Savinelli 320 Trevi

nicktrap, surlysoul, Atom and 15 others like this.
  6. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Back in inaction, but I am smoking! Rekamepip's Pressed August Blend in a 2013 slight bend grain etched briar Rekamepip Volcano with a walnut shank. A can of Pepsi is my drink.

7. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

thanks a bunch :old:
    [​IMG]
    and after I Wickered you a T shirt :poke:
    [​IMG]

8. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Dbear, for some reason i figured that would happen

but at least you got a t-shirt out of the deal !

9. user3221

user3221 Active Member

smoking a bowl john bull while finishing up on my new pipe

nice to be inside while it is hot outside !

10. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

I'm smoking Mac Baron Virginia No.1 in my MM CG w/Forever Stem. Water to drink.

nicktrap, Thuber88, Morse and 14 others like this.
  11. Atom

Atom Member

I like this picture because it gives me something to look forward to. I love VA#1 as it is, in fact I'm sure I could smoke it every day without getting tired or bored. But with some jarred to save for at least a few years it seems like patience will be rewarded.

The first hints of fall are in the air here in New England. A cool breeze today with the familier smell of earth and fallen leaves. A change is in the air. Mac Baren VA#1 is my smoke. Hope everyone has a great week ahead!

nicktrap, Morse, surlysoul and 13 others like this.
  12. TheModernGent

TheModernGent Member

Have this beautiful BST loaded up with some Dunhill Flake, getting ready to go play outside with the little peanut (I'm on vacation this week whoo hoo!). This was the BST the wonderful Sas sent me for returning the BST I bought at a garage sale to it's rightful owner. Been smoking half bowls and 3/4 bowls breaking it in, this is my first full bowl. It smokes like a dream and seems to love flakes!

Thanks again Todd! :bing: :th1: you're a stand up gent.

TMG [​IMG]

13. dBear

dBear Active Member

Started off with Red Cake in the Falconwarden. Moved on to Classic Burley Kake in the Rekamepip maple tank. Coffee, coffee, coffee. Morning's are a b*tch.

14. sonarman

sonarman Member

ODF in a Pete SS 302 while I watch for cars while the little one scoots on her pink scooter. Pipes are smoking good as of late, I let them get a little sun tan in the dry early Autum New England sun yesterday.
    On a side note I have noticed that ODF is an American cousin to GH Dark Flake US. A bit more refined the ODF is, not sure how that happened!

15. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

In the words of Paris Hilton, that's hot.

16. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

SH Exotique in a '67 Dunhill Dublin

17. Sodbuster

Sodbuster Member

I may be showing my inexperience here, but in the first half of a fat bowl of Sutliff 957, the Lat is overpowering and it tastes quite a bit like Dunny 965. I didn't really get any Per. notes until halfway through (which is when I think a good tabac really shows it's stuff) and then it was still very light compared to that strong peppery Lat taste/snork. I think I would prefer to keep the 2 seperate, may it do ya fine, but still a better than cut-rate smoke.

18. Dread

Dread Member

I always pack a pipe and some baccy and the whole setup when I go to work. It is in the optimistic hope that I'll have some time to go have a smoke during lunch. It almost never happens. I work on a University with a beautiful arboretum and today - holy cow I got a chance to go have a smoke at lunch!!!

Frog Morton in a Parker Briarbark Billiard. Another great afternoon!

19. user3221

user3221 Active Member

1st off the assembly line = MINE !
    rock cob with walnut shank
    and i am breaking in the new puppy with some pressed cigar blend
    (or at least i think it is the cigar blend i made up last week - maybe not)

:msty:

100_4531.JPG

20. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

Back from the post office :whis:

Planning on making another run Friday. Hoping to spread a little hate around.

Right now, I'm getting ready to head out onto the porch with some Rum Flake in a cob and a Widmer Alchemy ale.

nicktrap, Thuber88, Morse and 15 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.