1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? September, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Had some salmon, mixed vegetables and orzo pilaf then a nice smoke of Late Night in the MM Diplomat with blue and white Forever Stem, diet Gingerale at room temp on the side.

2. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

Finishing up a tin of Virginia Woods in my MM Country Gentleman & some Chock Full of Nuts coffee~ Sitting in my "man cave" catching up on International Rugby & watching the New Zealand All Blacks throw a beating on France~ Life is good~~~
    Not sure I'll be replacing my tin of Virginia woods, I'm a fan of some McClelland tobaccos, but this isn't one of them I think. It wasn't bad, but I think G. L. Pease does virginias better with this style of cut~ I prefer flake, but G.L. Pease is my go-to for such a cut of tobacco. I'm not a pipe snob by any stretch, but I AM a tobacco snob, lol~

3. Wookie Hunter

Wookie Hunter Member

Thanks to mecompco, I'm the proud owner of a Frank Medico Prince briar and a few samples of tobacco; OJK, FnB's Firefly Mix, and Uhle's Raiders Blend. I just lit up the Raiders Blend, it has a nice little hint of cherry. I'll get a pic of the haul later on, but now I'm going to catch the new episode of Boardwalk Empire. Thanks again, mecompco! :th1::toast:

4. dBear

dBear Active Member

Dockworker. Damn, I love this blend!

5. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Now I wish I was still playing WOW, but that won't happen again! Dang Buzzards!

6. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

:beck:

Just a short information for those of you who are interested in HU blends. A little ealrier today I got an email from Hans Wiedemann of HU Tobacco saying:

"Hello friends of HU Tobacco,
    I am pleased to introduce you to my new Virginia Flake Pipe & Art B├╝dingen.
    It is a pure Virginia flake with tobaccos from India, the Philippines and Brazil.
    A nice and uncomplicated flake for any occasion. Sweet, mild and complex.
    Try and enjoy it!"

Looks awesome, I have to try tryit soon!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  7. sonarman

sonarman Member

Ferndown Mild Brown from 08. I am dangerously close to a 3 match bowl!

8. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

GLP Quiet Nights in my Chacom bent.:sh:

YAPPG, Stormy, SidStavros and 16 others like this.
  9. 5H4N3

5H4N3 Active Member

Finishing a tough day with Germains Special Latakia Flake in the OT.

YAPPG, Lucky Duck, jpberg and 18 others like this.
  10. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

[​IMG] 'nuff said.

11. MainePipe

MainePipe Member

just came in from the deck, cleaned a few pipes, smoked a bowl of CH in the 2013 POY and finished up a bowl of CH in the Charatan

12. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

To finish off the last of my BBF I fully rubbed it out and packed it in tight in an MM Great Dane Egg. What a great smoke! It lasted closer to two hours. Tonight, fully rubbing out the rest of my FVF and smoking it in my Savinelli Dublin.
    Good evening all.

YAPPG, Stormy, Lucky Duck and 17 others like this.
  13. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Just enjoyed a nice meaty slice of Stonehaven in my Pete Drac 999. Nice tumbler of sweet iced tea as my drink. Dang neck acting up again. Hard to enjoy a good bowl of anything lately but that Stonehaven is a good remedy.

14. User4408

User4408 Active Member

I'm still nursing the very generous sample you gave me, Simmo :toast:. St. Bernard Flake is a FANTASTIC smoke, the hands down star of the assortment you sent. The Ascanian #2 isn't bad either. But the St. Bernard is the fullest, creamiest, best-integrated VaPer I've ever smoked. Congratulations on scoring it in mass quantities!

Peterson Nutty Cut in a Peterson Sherlock Holmes Lestrade ...

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
    YAPPG, PipeSimmo, Lucky Duck and 15 others like this.
  15. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Thanks to Sir Rekamepip the Hateful, I'm smoking Kingsbridge in a mid-70s slight bend black sandblasted English Rustic 120 billiard. Very tasty, sweet stoved Virginias. That's all I need... something else to like!!! Smooth and mellow with lots of flavor, too. A can of Cheerwine is my drink.

O's lead the Yankees 3-1 in the 6th, Cubs lead the Reds 2-0 in the 6th, the Nats, pretending they're still in the race, are beating the Mets 9-0 in the 6th, and the Braves lead the Marlins 5-0 in the 6th. Vin and the Dodgers are on the XM later and I'll be listening.

YAPPG, Sodbuster, PipeSimmo and 16 others like this.
  16. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Enjoying a rather peaceful evening before the heat wave hits listening to crickets and smoking Sunday picnic out of my savinelli Oscar Dublin.

YAPPG, PipeSimmo, Lucky Duck and 16 others like this.
  17. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Last pipe of the night the Boswell Churchwarden with Latakia Flake, see you fine folk in 4 0r so, don't do anything I wouldn't do! :laff: ;)

YAPPG, PipeSimmo, Lucky Duck and 17 others like this.
  18. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

I smoked that this afternoon for first time and was really impressed with it.

p120d16y, YAPPG, Lucky Duck and 10 others like this.
  19. thedismaltrade

thedismaltrade Member

Carter Hall in my cob

20. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Never got very far with my project. May this winter. Decided the cost of epoxy's was too much to spend right now for experimentation that wasn't needed. I'ma cheap old geezer, not a broke one. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.