1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? September, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wookie Hunter

Wookie Hunter Member

In what will likely be my last pipe of the night, I'm smoking Fishnbanjo's Firefly Mix in the Country Gent. This stuff is good! I'm taking a page of Jim's book and listening to old radio shows on XM. An ice cold glass of raspberry sweet tea is my drink.

Sodbuster, PipeSimmo, Stormy and 19 others like this.
  2. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

Smoked 3 bowls of 3 Nuns that i got from Ming throughout the day. I'm surprised that there is a bit of spice in it, yet no perique. Defiantly on my TAD list to experiment some more.

3. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Yum!

4. JWG25

JWG25 Active Member

MacBaren Club Blend in the MM straight Hardwood

rondel65, PipeSimmo, Stormy and 16 others like this.
  5. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Yay, caught up! Finishing a bowl of Lane's Hazelnut, of all things, in a Falcon. Have not smoked hardly anything to day because of the heat and humidity. Got my Aj's vaper from P&C today along with some of that Lane MV-1000 that Mrs. Mayor has talked about. Had an ounce of Hazelnut thrown in because I used to smoke it sometimes years ago and wanted to see if it was still good. It's ok, I like hazelnut flavored things, but this oz will last me for a while. The MV 1000 smells good, nice va with a vanilla casing. Wanted to try some fresh as what was left in the box trade to try was about gone. Ice cold Coke Zero in a frozen mug stuffed full of rebelling iceberg chips.

6. GlassEye

GlassEye Member

It is pretty good. I never really hear much mention of this one, which is fine by me because it can be found easily enough if you want it. I just added a couple ounces to get to free shipping without having heard of it and was also impressed when I first tried it. I will certainly buy more when I run out.

7. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Dinner has been cooked, the children have been feed, dishes cleaned
    changed out of dusty clothes and got a nice hot cup of coffee to sit back and enjoy a
    pipe full of goodness while i do the daily search of ebay for some treasures

oh and look a fancy new rock cob to smoke tonight
    :):):)

8. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Nobody told me we were taking Monday off this week. I made it throught a long Monday and now for some Penzance in a Rock Cob.

9. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

O's ahead of the Yankees 4-2 in the 8th, Indians leads K.C. 4-3 in the 9th, Braves lead the Mets 5-2 in the 8th, and the Pirates and Texas are scoreless in the 6th.
    Thanks to Sir Rekamepip the Enabler, I'm smoking John Bull in a 1990s smooth Peterson Captain Pete XL80 bulldog.

10. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

Working on some heel cake in my favorite dublins, both the Oscar Dry and the KS. I cannonball and leave an air pocket, so I reamed a few days ago just to even out the cake a bit and there was a noticeable ridge where The tobacco ends and the air pocket starts. So, I reamed back a little farther to even out the ridge and am smoking DBE in the very bottom of these two pipes to up the cake a tiny bit so it is even to where I want it in the rest of the bowl.

It is also nice to compare the subtle differences in flavor between the different sized bowls in the same sitting.

11. dBear

dBear Active Member

That's one heck of a recommendation! How do you compare it to the Motzek Strang?

12. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

I'm getting ready to fire up a bowl of Elizabethan Mixture in the Brebbia Serie 1960 1005 Billiard.

[​IMG]

13. dwhit

dwhit Member

C&D Gentlemen Caller in a Calabresi with a bit of bourbon.

14. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Pirates cling to a 1-0 lead over the Rangers in the 8th. Vin and the Dodgers are now on the XM. I'm smoking Dunhill Elizabethan Match in a 2002 smooth Rinaldo Silver Line 3 EGER 05 paneled horn. Going back to work now.

15. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Classic Burley Kake in a MM Patriot with a long amber Forever Stem.

16. conroygc

conroygc Member

H&H Anni Cake in a Wally Frank billiard. This is the first night I've needed a sweater for my night smoke. Fall is just around the corner and I can't wait!

17. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

I have dusted off my very dull butter knife and will now start another attempt at hacking through the WAYS jungle yet again to catch up.
    Thanks to the generosity of Rakemepip, I will be sharing some Kingsbridge with Harpo, while I dive into the abyss...
    And ice tea

18. User4408

User4408 Active Member

The Strang is also a FANTASTIC smoke, but I group it more as a dark-fired-burley/Virginia rope like Mac Baren Stockton. Even though Strang does indeed contain Perique, the burley component makes more of a defining impression on me. It's the creamiest, smoothest, and most nuanced rope tobacco I've ever smoked. MB Stockton is a bit fuller, for those desiring more of the dark-fired experience, but it lacks the complexity and refinement of Strang.

The St. Bernard Flake is pure silk ... none of the 'rough edges' you would expect to find in a rope tobacco. Yet it's deep, satisfying, and full flavored. The Virginia and Perique are so well integrated that you'd swear you're smoking a single leaf. DTM pays close to $6000 per 500-pound crate of their perique. And once I tasted St. Bernard Flake and Ascanian, I immediately appreciated why it's worth every penny.

LTF in a Sav 122 ...

19. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Mmmmmm, Nightcap.

[​IMG]

Just got a few tins of Nightcap today, had been without it for months. I have been questing for an English blend that would knock it off its throne. I tried Pipeworks & Wilke, I tried House of Calabash, I tried every tinned variety you can think of. I have tons of really great English blends in my tobacco cabinet/cellar now, but as far as I'm concerned, Nightcap is still the king. And long may he reign!

Smoked in a twin-bore Radice with a bowl about half the size of the Grand Canyon, and now I'm all woozy and satisfied. :)

20. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Irish Oak for my nightcap, in the Pete System

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.