1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? September, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

Elizabethan in a Stanwell bent silver spigot Danish egg with some Dickel 12 watching some NFL.

2. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

End of a long day pipe is Irish Flake cradling Irish Oak with a little 3P tossed in for good measure, in a xxl IMP meerschaum. 18C(64F)H57%

3. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Dodgers lead the D-Backs :dkn:-o in the :dkn:. Thanks to FishnBanjo, I'm smoking Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls in a 1998 smooth medium bend Peterson Limerick 69 with a nickel band. I've just enough DDNR left for one more bowl, but I have some aging in the cellar warehouse. Ice water chilled to the proper temperature with floaty li'l icebergs is my drink.

4. dBear

dBear Active Member

For some reason, I haven't eaten dinner yet, but I'm smoking Pfeifen Huber's Own blend in a Falcon while I figure out a strategy. I might pull the Whopper ploy. Yeah, that oughta work.

5. dBear

dBear Active Member

Great comparison/review, MentorBV. Thanks so much! :bing:

6. furious

furious Junque collector

Round midnight smoke of Exotique mixture in the first pre-trans Barling I ever bought, an EXEL saddle billiard. Coca cola in a cut glass tumbler with a single large ice cube on the side is the beverage tonight.

7. JimInks

It only takes one ice cube to start a trend!

8. JimInks

Now smoking Capstan Blue in a mid-1970s black rusticated straight Savinelli Estella 915 KS. Btw, the Kinsbridge is amazingly sweet with anise and licorice and date and fig notes. It also gives a long lasting aftertaste. More ice water and more work to do as I start listening to old radio shows.

9. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

I surrender! No way one can keep up with this thread. I´ve given it my damnedest but now I´m hopelessly behind and I really have to prepare for todays work. Have a nice one, gents!

10. dBear

dBear Active Member

I'm taking a Bosphorus Cruise with the Squatch Lean Volcano. Generic grape soda on the deck.

11. dBear

dBear Active Member

Just since it's so quiet around here - How much Ink would JimInks ink if JimInks could ink gyms? :)

12. JimInks

None. I'd use Photoshop!! :xd:

It's been quiet around here ever since Thuber got caught during the Great Michigan Noodle Robbery. I believe he's due for work release soon, though.

I'm finally done with work today, and am half way through this bowl of Rekamepip's Pressed August Blend in a 2013 slight bend grain etched briar Rekamepip Volcano with a walnut shank. This finishes the pack sent to me by Mr. Dust in the Wind hisself. Thanks for the pipe and the 'baccy, buddy!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  13. JimInks

Listening to music and reading box scores and smoking Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter.

14. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Sales Account

I was going to end the day with some Elizabethan Mixture in the Pete Antique 1903, but I ended up following that with a little MacB Vanilla Cream in my Grabow Golden Duke Yachtsman.

15. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Ahhh, my one eye is falling out of my head, but I made it to the end, 25+ pages, I lost track, finishing a second bowl of Kingsbridge(Thanks to the Kind and Generous Rekamepip) with Harpo, he is too tired to talk as well.
    Will work on catching up on the rest of the forum when I wake up.
    and Ice tea, a little colder than room temperature, no idea how that happens:rolleyes:
    Off to bed, maybe 20 more pages by the time I wake up...
    Good Morning to Everyone!

16. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Caught up with the overnight posts while waiting for the rain to stop. Big storm moved in from over the North Sea last night and dropped a lot of rain on us. Now starting to clear a bit so loading up the MM CG and the Diplomat with the last of the Mc B Va Flake, grabbing strong coffee and heading to my son-in-law's work shed to smoke and listen to some golden era Chet Baker.

17. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Criminy, I was away Fri-Sun evening and busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest yesterday and I have caught up. Had some Firefly Mix in the MM Mizzou with plum Forever Stem, second PRM, strong and black, with #3 lurking then it will be tune time in the SL500. Good morning PSFer's............ :ccup:

18. JimInks

Best Chet Baker story I ever heard was this one, though I've heard more than one version of it, this one comes from Bob Dylan: Baker was to play with the son of Mussolini and when they met, Baker said, "It's a drag to hear about your old man."

19. JimInks

Last smoke before sleep is Early Morning Pancake in a smooth straight late 1970s Tinderbox Selected Grecian Briar Dublin. Thanks to DBear for the early breakfast before I go to bed.

20. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

As I said I was away Fri-Sun at the Catskill Rodmaker's Gathering in Livingston Manor NY where I visited the three rods I loaned them for a year to honor Michigan Rodmaker's. I didn't smoke much for pipes 3-6 bowls a day on average but I saw plenty of other pipe smokers among the rodmaker's in attendance. I would like to congratulate David Van Burgel and Kathy Scott for their very well deserved selection for the Rodbuilder's hall of fame. mecompco knows at least Kathy Scott as well.

[​IMG]

Wookie Hunter, jdto, dBear and 19 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.