1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? September, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Got started at 3:30 this morning as usual and wasn't really sure I wanted to smoke! Got over that quickly I'm happy to say. But instead of EMP in a large pipe, I simply filled my smaller Dr. Grabow Savoy. Even using a filter, it tasted just as good as in one of my Peterson's. Not a bad start to this warmer, muggy day.

2. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

What a fantastic review and comparison. Thank you.
    The bulk version of St Bernard isn't as creamy as I remember the tinned stuff, it's way more tangy and has somes edges. I put it in a jar, time will mellow it.

Good morning all, I got a day off - right now I'm enjoying coffee and a bowl of this delicious SALAMI that fishnbanjo sent me. Thanks once again.
    Here's a pic, just to make you all envious:
    [​IMG]
    :toast: Sante!

3. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Good morning.

Vincent Manil Semois, DGE Egg. Black coffee. Thank you David.

4. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Shot of coffee from the moka pot, small bowl of Kendal Dark in a dearly loved MM Legend with a vulcanite bit

5. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Yes, all Tonkin Cane.

mecompco, dBear, Thuber88 and 6 others like this.
  6. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Certainly a nicer shot than that taken by the derelict(s) I visited there last with.

No smoke, Copenhagen.

mecompco, WalkinStick, dBear and 6 others like this.
  7. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Mr. Derelict, dammit.

mecompco, WalkinStick, dBear and 9 others like this.
  8. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Fishnbanjo. Thanks for that photo. Brought back a vivid memory image of the rod and lure display at James Brothers that a much younger me used to look at, transfixed by the massive variety. The preserved and mounted Fur Bearing Trout added to the captivating view. http://ontariolures.com/lurecompanies/jamesbrothers.html
    Princes Street in a Peterson 80s and overproof 454 Horse Power coffee out of the press getting some synapses firing.
    8C(46F)H89%

9. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Nice to see the picture of old friend Bob Summers, we did a lot of bird hunting and fishing near my old cabin on the Manistee. One great rod builder as well. Thanks for sharing the picture.

mecompco, WalkinStick, dBear and 7 others like this.
  10. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

Good morning everyone. Sneaking in a bowl of Elizabethan Mixture in a bulldog before i head to class. Being older and going back to school sucks FYI.

11. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Running behind this morning and I need to vote before work. Quick smoke of Sugar Barrel in a DGE mod cob with some coffee on the side.

12. Summit

Summit Live Simply.

EMP in a Stanwell Royal Guard.

13. Albert

Albert Active Member

4noggins Father Orin in a cob. At first smoke it reminds me a bit of PS LNF ... Without perique ... In a really good way. Delicious !

14. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Nick,
    Thank you, not sure if you have seen this one but it was taken by Mrs. Summers when I visited Bob with Michael Delp who has a place on the Boardman River near Bob, it was taken when I went to the Michigan Rodmaker's Gathering in Grayling in 2005.

[​IMG]

You wouldn't by chance be the friend of Bob's that ended up with my 1913 20 gauge LC Smith Specialty Grade (second SxS down) with Hunter One Trigger, SS bbl's and 26" bbl's in this photo would you?

[​IMG]

15. Sodbuster

Sodbuster Member

Mornin' guys. Starting off the day with Sutliff Sunrise Smoke in the MM legend and some good ol' Folgers :p

16. Summit

Summit Live Simply.

Right there with you.

mecompco, WalkinStick, dBear and 5 others like this.
  17. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Not me, I have been a Parker guy since I was kid

18. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

I hear that! Still have the 1903 12 Parker DH in the photo and my father's 1923 12 PH with steel bbl's which was rather rare for a PH!

19. Dottle_Dan

Dottle_Dan Member

Started the morning drive with trying out Sutliff Taste of Summer in a Ben Wade. It was different. It had a light peach flavor that wasn't overpowering and burned nicely. I don't have much experience with aro's but I think my woman will like being around this one.

20. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Starting this stupidly hot late Summer day off with some coffee and FMOTT, which I need to order more of. With a baby in tow I keep forgetting to replenish my stocks. It's like they take up two thirds of my brain functions. Henry has started back at kindergarten and I'm biking him every morning on a sort of double bike. I wrapped up a heap of work yesterday so I'm thinking of taking today off, or rather to deal with every day life things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.