What Are You Smoking? September, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

I'm making my way through all the 4Noggins blends, really like them!

2. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Is there anything you can compare that Exotique to that you have smoked?

mecompco, WalkinStick, dBear and 3 others like this.
  3. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

He may be released but he's gonna get assigned to the Group W bench for a very long time for playing with his noodle.

4. Albert

Albert Active Member

Awesome! I would love to hear which ones stand out to you.... I just got Fa. Orin and Weybridge ... My first blends from them.

nicktrap, mecompco, surlysoul and 5 others like this.
  5. ShilohHollow

ShilohHollow Anchors Aweigh

6. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

It says its 78 out but I think it feels like 98. Temps supposed to start dropping tomorrow I think. Come on Fall!!!! Starting some Aj's vaper in the Medico Apple. Finished half a mug of Pg tips tea and have already gone over to some nice ice cold lemonade. Got all my fans on and I'm good as long as I don't move around too much, lol. No chance today! Be safe all!

7. Lithua pipe

Lithua pipe Active Member

CH ,Cob Coffee. Just loaded Rattrays Black Malory in a Nording.

8. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Weybridge in a Peterson Canadian. Probably just me but I find that all of the 4noggins blends I've tried fill out after a month or so in a jar with a bit of air. Try them fresh out of the bag and then again after a month or so jarred.
    Darjeeling tea. Nice cool day here so far to be outside enjoying a pipe. Just talked with a friend in Toronto and it's already over 27C there. 11C(52F)H80%

9. Baccy Bert

Baccy Bert Member

Chest infection/temperature so no smokes for me for a few days. Just soothing the PAD and reading what y'alls is puffin'.

10. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

I´ll smoke one for you this evening.

11. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Walkabout went very well today thankfully since we may see 100F tomorrow! Smoked some 1999 Squadron Leader, thanks to FlatbushPaul, in the Tsuge Tankard. Home, showered and having a bowl of Mixture 965 in the MM Mizzou with plum Forever Stem, a Brazilian Cerrado concentrated topped with a double Cuban espresso. :drly:

baccy bert said "Chest infection/temperature so no smokes for me for a few days. Just soothing the PAD and reading what y'alls is puffin'."

I don't like what you said but this 965 is for you.

12. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Yes, pretty awful here in Toronto today, we're locked inside with the AC. Can't wait for Fall to properly set in.

13. ShilohHollow

ShilohHollow Anchors Aweigh

By the way. Twists make very effective pointing devices when showing interns around your office. This fresh faced college kid had eyes the size of dinner plates. Probably thought I was holding a turd.

14. conroygc

conroygc Member

Rattray's Red Rap in a Danish pipe of some sort, with an Americano.

I'm starting to believe I'm not a huge fan of Latakia. I like it enough to keep smoking everything I have squirreled away, but I think I'm going to stop buying English blends and phase them out of my rotation. They're good, but just not quite my preference.

For example, the aftertaste in my mouth left by Red Rap is similar to burnt beef jerky. Hmm.

15. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Thought I'd change it up for this morning, PA in a cob with Maxwell House. Took forever to get caught up on my reading!

16. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

I have some pretty heavy Lats in my collection but find I'm only in the mood for them once in a great while. I find they almost taste mentholated!

17. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Hilarious. Thank you. Must remember that. Wonder how airport security would react to it?

Peterson Sherlock Holmes in a small straight anonymous meerschaum. This hasn't been a tobacco that I was going to order more of but today it's very tasty. 15C(59F)H67%

18. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

[​IMG]

nicktrap, User4408, mecompco and 11 others like this.
  19. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

:startl:What happened to the finish?!?!?! Now I'm really frustrated!

20. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Suzy and Molly were happy to have turkey florentine this morning. I'm happy to have Old Dark Fired in a smooth briar calabash shape 1984 Fero Danese made in Italy, but sad this is the last of my unjarred stash. Oh well, the rest is aging and will only be better when I return to it sometime next year. A bottle of Sprite is my drink.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.