What Are You Smoking? September, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I swear , Danny ........ you are the freakin man ! :bow:

I've had an Altadis Dark Decadence Day [ ADDD ] . Texhealer sent my wife some " ladies pipes " . One of which I stole . It's looks like a mini Peterson Bent , though it's French . I'm not a nose warmer guy and the only nose warmer that I own is a Big Ben Pipo [ or whatever theyre called ] , which is a very cool funky pipe . But this French bent is really a blast , and with Dark Decadence , it was really a cool smoking fantastic tasting smoke and I wasnt able to stop smoking this combo today ! Yesterday , I smoked some China Black Fire Cured in it as well . I really like this little pipe and maybe Jennifer will get to smoke it one day :beck:

SWR / Rock Cob / Coffee .......... SWR is the ultimate " reset " :th1:

2. Wookie Hunter

Wookie Hunter Member

It's a lot lighter, and it smoked cooler and smoother it seemed. It's definitely one I'd prefer to smoke a higher end tobacco in, than just the run of the mill OTC's.

Thuber88, nicktrap, mecompco and 10 others like this.
  3. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

[​IMG]

OGS in my DGE Poker while watching a storm think about rolling in

4. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Yep, pipey is good. It means you smell like grandpa. My wife uses that one when I smoke burleys. Another sign of approval is the word "aged". I don't know what the hell that means, but it's good.

However when she rhetorically asks: "What's THAT?" ... well, that's not so good. Triggered automatically when latakia reaches 5%. I've even seen her nostrils flare at 3%. When that happens I just lower my gaze and back away slowly, trying not to excite her prey drive.

Bulk MB Va. No. 1 in a straight MM Legend ...

5. Wookie Hunter

Wookie Hunter Member

I hadn't had any SWR in a while, so I packed some in the Country Gent and enjoyed it as my after dinner smoke. Now I'm smoking Uhles Raiders Blend in the Medico Prince while listening to political talk on XM.

6. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

just finished kendal dark in astas billiard. working on learning chinese characters over on skritter.com

it isn't easy.

7. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

It's my turn to smoke SWR. 1980s Sir Walter Raleigh in a medium bend beater 1979 Aalborg natural freehand made by Nording. Ice tea with li'l swimmy icebergs is my drink.

Braves lead the Marlins 4-3 in the 4th, Cubs lead the Reds 5-0 in the 3rd, Pirates and Rangers are scoreless in the 2nd, Red Sox and Rays are scoreless in the 4th, and the Yankees lead the O's 1-0 in the :dkn:.

8. furious

furious Junque collector

Ok I'll bite. SWR in a Barling EL Canadian that I bought from Mel Feldman one year at a CORPS show. Goslings ginger beer with a massive chunk of frozen spring water is the bev.

9. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

Evening everyone,

Tonight im smoking some Torden virginia slices from Dan tobacco in my Brigham Director. Im going to watch at the same time the season premiere of Boardwalk Empire.
    [​IMG]

10. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Marlin Flake from 04 in a Mario Grandi Tomato. Not dun yet, loading up a bowl of Dunbar in a 08 St. Paddy Pete. Left over BK coke is my drink. I didn't need that dbl whopper w/cheese but I wanted to come home with a full belly so I could get right to my pipe smoking. Y'all have a fine fine evening!

11. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

Germains Brown Flake in my Radice silk cut bulldog. I've been smoking this blend for a few years and for some reason I was always under the impression it was a VA flake, but I just recently discovered its a VA/KY blend. Its still delicious and now I know where that depth of flavor I always enjoyed comes from.

12. dBear

dBear Active Member

Smoking an after dinner bowl from the remnants pouch in my Falcon.

13. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Peretti's Royal blend in a Falcon. Lemonade is still my choice of drinks. Icebergs having a tough time in all this heat, staying frozen.

14. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

I had half a bowl of Kendal Dark in the Oscar Dry Dublin (still working on heel cake) and now I'm hitting up some DFS in the Yellobole Dublin.

A warm bottle of water on the side.

15. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]

Yea, It's not a pipe.

16. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Yes indeed. The air-cured leaf in that one has a BIG footprint. Delicious.

I've seen YT reviews that cite GBF as a pure Virginia flake, and that's just flat-out wrong. There's definitely burley in there, and it's pretty hefty. However the Virginia component does give it a creamy smooth snork, which probably wouldn't happen if it were mostly burley. GBF is a good substitute for Ogden's Walnut Flake, but both are damned hard to get in the US.

OGS in a straight MM Pride ...

17. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

I haven't seen GBF in stock anywhere for at least a year it seems. Last time it was I bought as much as I could afford so I should be set for another year. Its one of the few tobaccos that I would never want to do without.

18. user3221

user3221 Active Member

golden extra
    in
    savinelli

100_2475.JPG

19. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Braves are holding on to a 4-3 lead over the Marlins in the 7th and it's not looking good for Bravos at the moment. Red Sox lead the Rays 2-0 in the 8th, Yankees lead the O's 7-4 in the 8th, and the Buccos lead the Rangers 4-1 in the 6th. I'm smoking 1980s Union Leader in a 1979 medium bend etch relief meerschaum lined TinderBox Arabesque. More ice tea, more work.

20. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

The Floridian in me is bothered by liking this post, but the mick in me loves it.

Go Sox :byg:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.