1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? September, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Marlins had the bases loaded with two outs in the 7th and Giancarlo Stanton at bat. He struck out. It must be tough being a Marlins fan with that lousy owner of theirs.

2. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

I'd believe it. I gave up on even thinking about being a Marlins fan years ago. The only Marlins I like are the flake, and a sandwich :byg:

3. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

University Flake in a BST Christmas pipe. This ought to last through the next session of discussions on when it'll be possible to brew beer on Titan. 20C(68F)H39%

4. JWG25

JWG25 Active Member

Mac Baren Club Blend in the Dr. G Savoy as I take a break from Tax Law homework

5. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

[​IMG] Good evening folks. It's been an afternoon and evening of GH&Co. Dark Flake (un). The Pete is holding up admirably, but at 97F today, it might have been a marginal tobacco to learn/test drive. Each bowl has gotten better, which is a sign from above. "Last bowl" is paired with a Bombay martini with ice of all things. Sacrilege perhaps, but w/o ice it would boil. Enjoy your smokes.

6. Wookie Hunter

Wookie Hunter Member

Just loaded OJK in the Medico. This is my first go round with this blend.

7. furious

furious Junque collector

Fully rubbed out and dried FVF in a Loewe prince.

8. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Home with a full belly and my week gets easier from here. Relaxing with Dunbar in a DGE briar nosewarmer.

9. Yossarian

Yossarian Member

10. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Wait a minute, it says "Kendal Dark" in the post, but my avatar's not on the side! This is weird :msty:

GH Coconut Twist in the Falcon. Who says I don't like variety?

11. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

12. ShilohHollow

ShilohHollow Anchors Aweigh

Dark Flake in a Dunhill Shell 1/8 bent pot. Berg, this is some darn good stuff!

13. dBear

dBear Active Member

Another bowl of Peretti Scottish Flake, this time in the Kaywoodie PSF POY 2013

14. Atom

Atom Member

A mix of Rum and Maple with Golden Extra has been "marinating" together for a few days. So I smoked some in a Medico Ever-Dri.
    I didn't really like the Rum and Maple on its own, as it lacks a true tobacco taste. I do like Golden Extra on its own, and I was hoping that would move the taste towards tobacco. But together it falls flat. The side-stream smoke is very nice, through the nose it's alright, but there is something missing in the taste. Not enough flavor from one or the other. I'll give it a few more tries but for now I'm not expecting much more than 'it is what it is'.
    Happy Smoking to you all!

15. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Kendal cream flake in a cob. Damn fine smoke.

16. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Pirates lead the Rangers 5-2 in the 9th, Cards lead the Brew Crew 4-0 in the 8th, Dodgers lead the D-Backs 2-0 in the 4th. I'm still working and now smoking Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter. Getting near time for ice water, too.

17. Wookie Hunter

Wookie Hunter Member

That OJK had a healthy dose of Vitamin N. It didn't really affect me much, but I could feel it. I'm sure a couple back to back and I would've really felt it. What I liked most was it was so strong, it punched me in the nose. I had some lighting issues, but I eventually got it under control and it smoked wonderfully. I'm winding down with SWR in the Country Gent, then I'll most likely head to bed. I have a lot to to get done on my day off tomorrow.

18. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

Frog Morton Cellar in the Sevket Gezer Churchwarden meer. This is my first tin of any type of Frog Morton, it is really good.

19. Morse

Morse Active Member

It's no Grasmere, but it'll do ;)

20. ShilohHollow

ShilohHollow Anchors Aweigh

That Grasmere is some darn good stuff! It's defintely on my bulk order list.

YAPPG, Morse, nicktrap and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.