1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? September, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Hyde Park in a Peterson 80s. Bitter end of a pot of Darjeeling tea that I forgot to take the teaball out of. Still nice and sunny so heading outside with this pipe and tea. 25C(77F)H32%

2. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

I appreciate the thought and my boss is a jerk, but full disclosure my work tonight is a PR thing. It involves me riding my bike with some families, wounded warriors, and friends. We meet and end at a bar. Its not rough work tonight.

3. sonarman

sonarman Member

Proper English in a Pete SS 302. I can really taste the orientals in it. A very nice blend.

4. Wookie Hunter

Wookie Hunter Member

Had a nice dinner and puffed on CH in the Country Gent while I caught up on Hell on Wheels. Stormy is starting to throw a fit outside; lots of loud, close thunder and lighting. No rain or wind so far.

5. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Escudo. Pete Sherlock Holmes. Heat. Humidity. Rockbass...where is the cold air man?

6. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

Didn't know you were into Escudo, P. I need to get back into my stash.

7. Wookie Hunter

Wookie Hunter Member

Well, Stormy apparently heard me and decided to bring down one helluva storm. My mom told me as a kid during these kinds of storms that it was coming a turd a floater and I had better get to high ground. Luckily, I'm in an upstairs apartment! The lights went off and on for a bit, but they're back for now. I'm smoking PA in the Country Gent and listening to the rain fall.

8. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Yawn! Headed to bed after a big bowl of OJK in the Pipe by Lee and a good dose of beans and red weiners ( love the red dye!). See ya'll in the morning.

9. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Damn what a weird day, awoke early to mid 70 temps, then the fog rolled in so I grabbed Levi for a walkabout and filled the Tsuge Tankard with Mixture 965, we got back just before it began to heat up and burn the fog off. Had to go to the VA today and since it was so hot outside, 95F, it snowed in the SL500 whilst I sipped on remnants from one pouch on the way up in the MM Diplomat with blue and white Forever Stem and a PRM of Brazilian Cerrado for the trip up. The trip back was remnants of another pouch in the MM Mizzou with plum Forever Stem. The rest of the day alternated between those two pipes and different bags of remnants with Diet Coke for my wash, last pipe of the night will be remnants of yet another pouch in the MM Mizzou with plum Forever Stem. Tomorrow is ivIG and I was beginning to run out of gas today so perhaps this will work for awhile, hope everyone has a great evening of puffing and to YAPPG I bid a Happy Unbirthday! ;)

10. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Stumbled upon some Peterson's Hyde Park at the local B&M and decided to take the plunge. Have not tried it yet, but about to fire some up in the 2013 Kaywoodie PSF POY

11. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I just finished a most wonderful dinner that couldn't be beat with a bowl of double strawberry ice cream for dessert. While I'm relaxing in my big fat La-Z-Boy, I'm watching the Marlins lead the Braves 1-0 in the 3rd, and thanks to FishnBanjo, smoking G&H Scotch Flake in a 2013 bent MM Missouri Pride Legend. I ration out how often I smoke this so when I do smoke it, I get the best flavor possible. There are some tobaccos that are best appreciated every so often and not as a regular, everyday smoke, because you'll get too used to the flavor. While I could smoke this every day, I consider this to be a "treat" tobacco, and it never fails to please me.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  12. Tony Bybee

Tony Bybee Member

july blend by mr. rekampip in my favorite czech pipe. shiner oktoberfest on the side. good stuff john, thanks!

13. WalkinStick

Definitely feeling codgerly now. Just went for a walk with the boss lady. Told her the only way I'd go was if I could bring a pipe, so I smoked a cob of Essence of Vermont (thanks to Stormy) while we meandered around. Might start doing that more often. It was pretty nice.

14. JWG25

JWG25 Active Member

Still wicked hot and sticky here in NH. Just smoking Captain Black White in the Dr. G Duke on the steps with a bourbon and iced tea on the side.

15. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

Eventually the "boss lady" will begin to associate the pipe with the enjoyable walks. Most useful that is. :)

Until the noggins order arrives I'm smoking the same thing all the time, either PK or 10 ruskies. So, until the order arrives there is little point in making the same post over and over. Started the day with PK, Grabow, strong coffee. Minus the coffee, it will end that way.

16. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Oh hell yes.

17. WalkinStick

That's what I'm hoping ;)

18. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Dark Plug Rum in the Pete system. Lots of twist and plug today. It's good for the soul, donchaknow

19. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

Repeat of last night. Frog Morton Cellar in the Sevket Gezer Churchwarden meer.

20. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Marlins lead the Braves 5-1 in the 7th, O's and Yanks are tied 3-3 in the 6th, BoSox lead the rays 3-1 in the :dkn:, and Vin and the Dodgers are on the XM at 10:10. I'm working and smoking St. James Flake in a 1986 three quarter bend Bacchus face CAO meer. Ice water chilled to the proper temperature with friendly li'l icebergs is my drink.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.