What Are You Smoking? September, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I dunno, but I saw some suspicious mustard stains on YAPPG's shirt.

2. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

Escudo in a Balleby 1/4 bent brandy and some Dickel 12

Morse, YAPPG, Wookie Hunter and 14 others like this.
  3. JimInks

D-Backs lead the Dodgers 3-0 in the 7th. I'm still working and now smoking Capstan Blue in a mid-1970s black rusticated straight Savinelli Estella 915 KS. Time for more ice water. "Hey!! You icebergs!! Jump into my glass!!" "Sploosh! Splish and splash!!" You see folks, ya just gotta know how to train 'em, see!! Myeah!

Morse, YAPPG, jhguthlac and 17 others like this.
  4. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Happy UnBirthday JimInks, trainer of solid water.

Peter Stokkebye English Oriental Supreme in a medium IMP meerschaum freehand. Been listening to Mike Oldfield Tubular Bells. A little cognac has been good company as well. 16C(61F)H63%. Good night all.

Morse, YAPPG, Wookie Hunter and 19 others like this.
  5. dBear

dBear Active Member

So now I'm smoking a housekeeping bowl. Huber's Own blend topped by Loosiana Red, because that finishes up two baggies, in the GBD Tanzania meer which has a heavy Trout Stream ghost, because I want to start smoking Lats or straight Va in it. If nothing else, it'll be interesting.

Morse, YAPPG, Wookie Hunter and 17 others like this.
  6. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Only 11 pages behind this time, losing ground with busy crap, and tired for a couple of days, but moving ahead and smoking some Mcb Navy Flake with Harpo, and now more of the same with the POY13, and ice tea, I'm confident there is more ahead, and will post back if I make it to the end tonight

Morse, YAPPG, Wookie Hunter and 18 others like this.
  7. JimInks

Still working, but taking a break to list my next smoke and feed Suzy and Molly some trout and cheese. I'm smoking Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2002 IMP smooth full bend egg shaped meer. This is the last of the 1.5 oz tin I was given to sample. I'm keeping the first tin off the line as a souvenir. I've been giving Sutliff feedback on the various incarnations of EGR (one of them the 1960s version, which tastes much like this fresh tin, for which I gratefully thank Sir Furious), and they are tinkering with things to make it as right as they can. I'm amazed and incredibly pleased they care to make this right before the official release. I wish more companies cared about their products and customers like this.

Now to go train a few more icebergs and get back to work!

8. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

Began breaking in a Peterson aran 15 (billiard) yesterday. Started at lunchtime with two half bowls of Greve Gilbert Hamiltons blandning. After dinner a full bowl of Peterson´s Sunset Breeze and later in the evening some Mac B:s Original Choice and a Solani mixture.

Morse, YAPPG, Wookie Hunter and 14 others like this.
  9. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Morning here in The Hague, just got caught up on all the overnight posts. For now my decisions are pretty simple, which one of my two cobs do I smoke my Plum Cake in. I flipped a coin but don't know which is heads and which is tails on theses friggen Euros, so I just loaded up the Country Gent. I look forward to complicating my life when I get back home.

Morse, YAPPG, Wookie Hunter and 18 others like this.
  10. JimInks

Work is done for the day and I'm catching up on some reading, and am part way through this bowl of Maple Street in the third pipe I ever bought ($1.95), a 1974 smooth straight French briar Hadley Apple. Suzy and Molly want to read the newspaper. I know this because they keep trying to claw it out of my hands. I told them when they pay for the subscription they can read it first, but my plea fell on deaf ears. Reminds me of that song:

Morse, YAPPG, jhguthlac and 14 others like this.
  11. briandevlin

briandevlin Member

PSLBEF in a Medcalf poker
    [​IMG]

Sent from another galaxy using Tapatalk 4 beta

12. muddler

muddler Active Member

Warm, hazy day here on the SA highlands. Not much on my plate today (so far) apart from shopping for a weekend trout trip. Contemplating the day with a bowl of Astleys #44 in a Pietenpauw Rhodesian.

[​IMG]

13. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

I lasted long enough to catch back up, finishing the bowl of Navy Flake in the POY13, eyes are burning,time to pass out.
    My apologies for being much absent from my duties on the night shift crew of late, I shall persevere to rectify this situation.
    Happy Birthday to Father Time(YappG), if he had not lit that homemade firecracker we would not all be here from his Big Bang:rolleyes:

Morse, YAPPG, Basil Meadows and 18 others like this.
  14. JimInks

Still catching up on my reading, though Suzy and Molly decided to rassle each other instead of my newspapers. Thanks to Sir Dusty of Rhodes, I'm smoking Borkum Riff Bourbon in a 1980s Peterson 314 Full Bend black Sandblast system pipe. I hate to say this, but it's better than I expected or was when I tried it years ago, especially with a little hydration. No tongue bite either!

Morse, YAPPG, jhguthlac and 15 others like this.
  15. JimInks

Tell us the truth: did JPBerg or Dwaugh put you on the Group W bench?

16. sillyoldbear

sillyoldbear Active Member

Loading some Hyde Park into my new Mr Brog No34 Bulldog, drinking a bamboo/sencha green tea and still reading Larry Corriea's Monster Hunter International.

Morse, YAPPG, dBear and 13 others like this.
  17. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

One day closer to the weekend! Starting the day with come Peterson's CC in the Pete 305 to go with the black coffee. Loading up the Dip with Sugar Barrel for the drive to work. Have a great day, all.

Morse, WalkinStick, YAPPG and 16 others like this.
  18. JimInks

Last smoke before sleep is Tabac Noir in a straight 1979 MM Legend. I'm almost caught up with my newspaper reading now. See you folks later today.

Morse, WalkinStick, YAPPG and 15 others like this.
  19. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

Continuing to smoke in my Peterson Aran 15 (billiard). Now it´s Borkum Riff Bourbon. Stuff´s never tasted this good. I believe this pipe is a keeper! Might take a huge step towards codgerdom and become a one pipe/one blend man...

Morse, WalkinStick, YAPPG and 13 others like this.
  20. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Good Morning,

Crazy weather here, thunder, lightning, hail, heavy winds and rain since about 4:30 yesterday afternoon.

Rum Flake, in a Castello.

Morse, Monkey, WalkinStick and 17 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.