1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? September, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Still up because things have just worked out that way. So, I'm smoking Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter. And thinking about lunch, sleep and work.

Morse, User4408, Lucky Duck and 17 others like this.
  2. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] As is well known, Wednesday was " Take a vegan to your local pub for a hamburger day". So my oldest daughter and I went to Pete's Tavern. I had what was called "beef stroganoff", which contained enough salt to kill a marine iguana, yummy. Upon ordering my child uttered, "oh exalted father, there is but one vegan item on the chalkboard--Tullamoor Dew", resulting in my rather myopic state this fourteen hours past. Once regaining binocular vision, I enjoyed Mac B Va#1 in a Ben Wade freehand.

Morse, User4408, Atom and 22 others like this.
  3. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Having the last of the 3P's in an MM Legend while watching V For Vendetta. This stuff goes too quickly, will have to order another tin as soon as my bank manager allows.

Morse, User4408, Lucky Duck and 17 others like this.
  4. ShilohHollow

ShilohHollow Anchors Aweigh

Just got back from buying a new phone. That's about as bad as buying a car. Any old who, it's time for some Aromatic Dark Flake to get me back into the working mood.

Morse, Lucky Duck, jpberg and 18 others like this.
  5. Wookie Hunter

Wookie Hunter Member

Except the car is usually cheaper!

Morse, ShilohHollow, mecompco and 9 others like this.
  6. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

So....everything I had to do is done, except for the dinner which has to be prepared in an hour or so, but before that I've just enough time to relax a bit with a good smoke. I decided on pooping open another tin - a tin of HATE, to be exact. A while ago our well-known HATER dBear wanted me to feel his HATE in form of some great HU flakes. Now that I found an empty jar it's about time to poop the tin of Flanagan open. I had a sample some time ago, so I know what to expect from this flake. I can tell you - pure yummyness!

[​IMG]

Description from the website:
    "Ethereal Orient grades from the best growing regions of Bulgaria and strong darkfired Kentucky tobaccos characterize the Flanagan flake. Sweet Zambia Virginia, a touch of Perique and hand-stripped Virginias from India round out this powerful and superbly blend. A full-bodied, but elegant flake for friends of spicy and natural tobaccos."

Thanks dBear, my friend! :toast:

oh hell yes - Breaking News - I just snapped my first Falcon - new/unsmoked with a ...uhm I guess it's an smooth Hunter Algiers bowl....
    [​IMG]
    bdp

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
    nicktrap, Morse, User4408 and 22 others like this.
  7. user3221

user3221 Active Member

granger in a really old buesher's world famous corn cob pipe

man this pipe tastes good !

100_4753.JPG

Morse, Lucky Duck, jpberg and 18 others like this.
  8. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Uni Flake in the Falcon. I need this!

9. Baccy Bert

Baccy Bert Member

Black Gold in my newly restored Ropp Cherrywood. Review + pics to follow

10. dBear

dBear Active Member

Congrats on the Falcon, Simmo! And I'm glad to see HU is labeling their tobacco more acceptably now, too.

Starting the day with Classic Burley Kake in the Rekamepip maple tankard. Simmo's right, it does go really good with coffee, though I'm usually not awake enough to really notice.

11. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Dodging raindrops and
    smoking White Rabbit
    in the clay. No idea who
    makes this blend. Has
    a hint of Latakia in it.
    Not bad.

12. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Congrats Simon on
    your first Falcon!
    About time!

13. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

14. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

So the Braves game is on, which means no sleep for now. They lead the Marlins 6-1 in the :dkn:. Speaking of :dkn:, I'm smoking Borkum Riff Bourbon in a 1980s Peterson 314 Full Bend black Sandblast system pipe. Thanks to Mssr. Dust. A Cherry Coke is my drink.

15. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

Thanks Wicker Man for a wonderful blast from the past. Adventurous times.

16. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Was the biggest and best "O" I've ever had, too!

17. ruffinogoldswife

ruffinogoldswife The Mayor's Wife

Yesterday I had two pipes. One bowl of Veermaster in my new very cool saucer pipe thanks to TexHealer. I love this pipe! The Veermaster was awesome as well.
    [​IMG]
    My second pipe was in the old Kaywoodie Campus also given to me by TexHealer and in it was Germain's Jersey Perique. It was the first time I tried this blend and it was quite good, even though the pipe had a slight Lakeland ghost. I don't mind, it will be smoked out soon enough. What a fantastic pipe!:D
    [​IMG]

18. ruffinogoldswife

ruffinogoldswife The Mayor's Wife

This morning I had a lovely smoke of my MV1000 in the third pipe that TexHealer gave to me, a lovely old yellow bowl with yellow stem. This pipe also smokes fantastic and is gorgeous as well. These three pipes just blew me away! They all smoke great and are the perfect size for me. Thanks again TexHealer.:D
    [​IMG]

19. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Working from home for the rest of the day and smoking Escudo in a BST.

20. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

If you like Lats and have a mind to try some snuff, see if you can find some of the Dutch De Kralings A/P snuff. It has a very good lat base tobacco and has hints of lite pine and earth with the smokiness of the lat. Very nice and not harsh. Something different but a nice treat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.