WV Smokeshop

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hawkwood, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Hawkwood

Hawkwood Member

This is a shout out to the West Virginia Smokeshop. I've been stalking them for awhile and finally placed an order. I just received my pipe today, one of their Classic German Briars, and couldn't be happier. They depict the very pipe you will get. Their shipping is very reasonable and your order comes well packaged and fast. They do business the old school way, I like that.
    Basil Meadows, JimInks, Atom and 8 others like this.
  2. TWolf

TWolf Active Member

I use them a lot. They're great. Best prices around even without a discount and they recently expanded their tobacco selection. I was actually just playing around with my shopping cart for an order with them when I got distracted and ended up here.
    Basil Meadows, Calidadd and Hawkwood like this.
  3. User4408

User4408 New Member

Thanks for reporting your positive experience. I'm just about ready to start assembling an order, and I'll definitely check them out.
    Hawkwood likes this.
  4. JRobert

JRobert Serious Cat

I am surprised the mayor hasn't chimed in on this yet. He loves WV smoke shop.
    ruffinogold likes this.
  5. Calidadd

Calidadd Member

I just placed an order yesterday with them for some tobacco. I like their prices.
    Hawkwood likes this.
  6. bosun

bosun Member

Good company to deal with for sure!
    Hawkwood likes this.
  7. YAPPG

YAPPG Master of Tobacco Consuming

Sounded like you said we get a discount, do we?
  8. 5H4N3

5H4N3 Living the dream!

This is my favorite E-tailer.
    Hawkwood, ruffinogold and YAPPG like this.
  9. TWolf

TWolf Active Member

Not that I'm aware of. I just meant that when you compare their prices are often better on a lot of things than other places that do offer a discount.
    YAPPG likes this.
  10. 5H4N3

5H4N3 Living the dream!

Sorry, no Discount but their pricing is very reasonable.
    YAPPG likes this.
  11. YAPPG

Thankee, good to see you around here again.
    TWolf likes this.
  12. Texhealer

Texhealer Active Member

Yep, top notch outfit, they don't always have what I want but I always check there first.
    Hawkwood likes this.
  13. Atom

Atom Member

WVSmokeShop is great. I order something from them at least once a month.
    Good selection and price, fast and reliable shipping, and I like that they accept money orders.
    Hawkwood, YAPPG and User4408 like this.
  14. YAPPG

Where you been, thought sometime had happened to you. Good to see you.
    Atom likes this.
  15. ruffinogold

ruffinogold " It takes a Pro to smoke an Aro " [ RG] Mayor

Man , I love WVsmokeshop ! They have everything I want ! Those German briars you got are killer for the money ! I've been over " artisan " twisty shaped [ or whatever weird shape ] for many years now and WV sells " regular " good pipes at good prices . I snagged a Medico Caviler for 19 bucks and it's a stellar little pipe ! They have Kaywoodies etc ... They have most OTC and they have the MB GE and the PS " Trinity "[ LBF , LTF , LNF ] as well as a bunch of tin stuff that they started carrying . Once they started carrying Balkan Sasieni ... that was it . I don't use anyone else unless I need a G&H product or a Savinelli pipe , in which case I use smokingpipes.com , which is the better of the internet sites , imo , except their pipes are mostly high end which I'm not interested in . WV ships quickly and are nice people ... they have excellent prices on everything . Yeah , I dig that store :th1:
    I get no discount ... wish I did . They do toss in some free tobacco sometimes , usually an oz of a Lane product . It's how I tried Lanes Black Raspberry , which is pretty good .

Edit : They carry Century [ altadis ] Z50 Black Cordial which is a stellar Aromatic . They also carry Jennifers Aro blend , Lane MV 1000 .... so now we don't have to get in when in Atlanta , which we rarely go to :drly:.. That z50 is tasty stuff
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
    Basil Meadows, Hawkwood and TWolf like this.
  16. Coastal Bend

Coastal Bend Get off my lawn...

Some more praise for WV Smokeshop's customer service. Recently I bought a Kaywoodie from the website. It smoked great and I went back to check out more of the same model. There was only one. I looked several times and then sent an email. I was told more were on order. A few weeks later -- I'd about forgotten asking the question -- I got a follow-up email telling me that a few more of that model had been received and posted and more were expected. It may seem like a small thing, but I've asked questions similar before to other websites and just been told to "check the site regularly" or something to that effect.
  17. Hawkwood

Hawkwood Member

I first became aware of them due to the Mayor's praises. Then I noticed they post actual pictures of the pipes they sell, even the less costly. Then I noticed their pricing. Finally after placing an order I noticed their reasonable shipping, great packaging and overall excellent customer service.:th1:
  18. Coastal Bend

Coastal Bend Get off my lawn...

Sounds like what they used to say around my college fraternity to questions from pledges: "All will be revealed in time." :xd:
  19. Coda

Coda Active Member

If only they could start carrying Condor and St. Bruno...
    Basil Meadows likes this.
  20. Smokey Tom

Smokey Tom Brain Implosion

Ruffinogold goes on and on about them so much sometimes I started to wonder if he owns stock in them or something. ;)
    Basil Meadows and ruffinogold like this.