1. Unique, Original Reviews Only

Please do not post reviews from other websites. Reviews found posted on other sites will be deleted.
    Dismiss Notice

1 Q

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco Reviews' started by tyler 32, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tyler 32

tyler 32 Member

Thoughts on 1Q. Very mild aro but good with a caramel taste. Very smooth keep it on hand all the time

Rodfather, mitchell and snowman like this.

2. Omar Serrato

Omar Serrato Member

Yuck....it tastes like manure. Caramely manure if you will.

3. Nuck81

Nuck81 Member

Currently my favorite tobacco. I have over 20oz cellared

Smokey Tom and snowman like this.
  4. beaupipe

beaupipe Active Member

I think it's an extraordinary tobacco. If I'm not mistaken, it is still the top-selling bulk in the USA.

On the positive side, it is very easy to smoke. It's an easy-to-burn shag cut, has a delightful vanilla custard sort of aroma that seems to please many people, and it's both widely available and mercifully inexpensive. It's so widely smoked that for many non-smokers, it probably defines what they think of as the smell of "pipe tobacco" (well...1-Q and Captain Black, let's say).

On the negative side, it's loaded with humectants, doesn't have much in the way of tobacco flavor, and doesn't seem to offer much nicotine.

Personally, I smoke about a half dozen bowls of 1-Q per year and always in a filtered pipe because I find 1-Q to be a little steamy and bitey otherwise. I don't think I could smoke it more often and still enjoy it. But when I get a craving, nothing else will do. So, yeah, I always have a little sitting in a jar.

5. ruralhipster

ruralhipster Member

I'm always torn between this and RLP6, I try to have a couple ounces of one or the other in my house but don't feel obligated to have both. A pleasant change of pace blend.

Smokey Tom likes this.
  6. bubbagump

bubbagump Well-Known Member

You're correct.

snowman likes this.
  7. SmokeyJoe

SmokeyJoe Active Member

I keep some on hand for outdoor social functions with family and friends. No one ever complains.

8. Bent

Bent Member

Great blend for those moments when I'm in the mood for something sweet. Not overly cloying like other more expensive blends out there. And for the hard core aromatic lover, well, the price is great.

9. mrpipster

mrpipster Active Member

Yep. It sure is good stuff!

10. jhe888

jhe888 Member

I don't care for it. But I don't like any aromatics very much, and then, only the subtlest of them.

Aside from the aromatic, it also has too much propylene glycol for me.

MacNutz likes this.
  11. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

I thought I was the only one on the planet that didn't think it was "all that".
    Gave all mine away.

MacNutz likes this.
  12. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

For some reason my tongue hates it. RLP6 on the other hand is pretty good.

ShilohHollow likes this.
  13. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

I don't see how anybody can smoke a vanilla cased tobacco, day in, day out, bowl after bowl the taste is too cloying for me.

MacNutz and TedVig like this.
  14. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

It was the first pipe tobacco I ever smoked, and I still like it. I don't smoke it frequently, but do enjoy a few bowls per year.

Mington likes this.
  15. 5H4N3

5H4N3 Active Member

When I first tried it, I didn't care for it. Only kept smoking it because the wife enjoyed the fragrance. The more of it I smoked, the more I liked it. Now it is my favorite aro, along with PS Pistachio. I always keep a pound on the shelf, although I don't smoke it every day.

Mington likes this.
  16. PipeLotus

PipeLotus Member

I like it quite a bit! Room note is great for guests, it tastes pretty good, and its CHEAP.

Kevin Keith likes this.
  17. remington

remington Member

I like the 1-Q blend as it has a nice mild flavor and burns really well. I've recently discovered Virginia tobacco (DF) and now prefer that vs the aros such as 1-Q. For me, it has more 'body' and the flavors are just as sweet, I'd venture to say more satisfying? I find 1Q predictable and a nice smoke when the mood calls for it.

18. capt dave

capt dave Member

i liked it, but.... something about it was too easy. too easy to smoke, too easy to like, too easy for others around me to like, too easy to get. i'm more into flakes though and it goes with my natical theme, so there. i think it tasts of caramel and slightly of nuts. its a easy smoke, but not enough to hold my short attention span. i'm glad so many people like it though. more chocolate flake for me!!!

mitchell likes this.
  19. Wideawake75

Wideawake75 Member

It's mild, not a remarkable flavor, but not offensive, and doesn't ghost either. I keep a variant of it around as a break-in tobacco for all my pipes. You may as well name it "cake builder". As always, YMMV.

20. Russell Hartman

Russell Hartman Stay Silver

This tobacco is what I term as a "mild" aromatic. The flavor isnt super heavy, and as stated it doesnt destroy the next smoke with heavy ghosting. I also believe there are many B&M's that rename it as a house blend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.