1. Unique, Original Reviews Only

Please do not post reviews from other websites. Reviews found posted on other sites will be deleted.
    Dismiss Notice

1 Q

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco Reviews' started by tyler 32, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Murph

Murph Member

My favorite tobacco at the local B&M turns out to be 1Q under their name. Still is a good mild tobacco that I can smoke all day long.

MakDragon and dBear like this.

2. Artistik

Artistik Member

I smoke it occasionally when I want something sweet or something to please others without sacrificing tobacco taste. It could not be an all day smoke for me as it is too sweet. I prefer Burley or VA for an all day smoke.

cobbsmoker likes this.
  3. zippo

zippo Member

I like it every now and then but it has to sit for a little for me. When I get it fresh I find no taste and bite, let it sit a month or two and I have a very decent smoke.

4. Tate

Tate Member

Not a fan.

Has clearly been soaked in PG to obtain its sweetness. When smoked regularly it will totally gunk up a pipe. I can detect ghosting in a bowl if you smoke this. If it isn't dried out it is going to form a hideous gurgling soup in a pipe. Can easily heat up to the the point of burning your tongue. And it tastes like burning paper that was soak in saccharine then flavored with artificial vanilla and cherries.

The one thing I'll say for it, the room note has been nothing but pleasing to all those I've smoked this around. However, I doubt they'll ever smell it again, at least coming from me.

Arkie likes this.
  5. PipeHaze

PipeHaze Member

I'm relatively new to pipe smoking yes and I do like aromatics. I like the bag aroma and room note but as far as smoking I think its a very mild aromatic. Some flavor...a little sweet but not exactly a rich bold flavor. I like it in the right pipe and I think its better once its been around a while and not fresh. But my throat seems sensative to 1Q when i do smoke it so I can do without. RLP-6 on the otherhand is quite good and a notch above 1-Q I think . Richer more robust aromatic blend with less sweetness and more flavor tobacco wise.

6. Nuck81

Nuck81 Member

You must be doing it wrong.

I smoke it several times a week, have no trouble with gurgles, have no trouble with gunk, and have no trouble with bite.

You can look up several article floating around on proper smoking technique that would probably help you out.

chud333 and Coastal Bend like this.
  7. Tate

Tate Member

Maybe so, but I can smoke va, vaper, and several other aros all day long with no problems. 1Q is just gummy to me.

MacNutz likes this.
  8. AustinLM

AustinLM Member

Great blend for the price; nice moisture, great tin note, and a mild flavor while lit. However the cut makes it a bear to pack in a small bowl.

9. SthrnMan

SthrnMan Member

I only recently found 1Q. Now it is one of my top smokes. It is a nice after work smoke. I smoke mostly CH during the day, then at night I like a bowl of something a different. 1Q is smoked at least once or twice a week.

10. KN092011

KN092011 Member

This was my first tobacco, sold as a house blend under the name "Accountant" by my local B&M. It was my favorite until I moved on to the non-aros. I have a pouch of its counterpart (Captain Black Royal) and I can only smoke it every now and then as I find it a bit too sweet for my tastes. I also find that it will briefly ghost the next bowl of whatever I smoke but only for about the first half of the bowl and then it fades out. I will usually follow it with something simple like CH or PA, so the slight ghosting doesn't bother me for that smoke.

11. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

Ive had the chance to smoke some 1Q under another name up here in Canada. Its a crowd pleaser. Also Grandfathers's own from house of calabash smells almost the same.

12. Nuck81

Nuck81 Member

Good old reliable

13. homebrewer

homebrewer Member

It was one of the first tobaccos I tried. I liked it well enough, so I recently bought a couple of ounces to give it another try.
    Like others have said, it's a good once in a while smoke, but way to sweet to smoke all the time.
    I tried smoking back to back bowls, and couldn't get through the second one.

14. SthrnMan

SthrnMan Member

I often carry 1Q mixed with CH in my pouch for that reason.

15. Rockabilly J

Rockabilly J Member

A friend of mine is an avid cigar smoker and he bought his first pipe a few months ago and he picked up some 1-Q and he loves it. I bought some for my wife and she loves it. However it doesn't do anything for me. The flavor isn't there nor does it have enough strength for me. But I seem to be leaning towards more robust tobaccos anyways.

16. colorduke

colorduke Active Member

After all these years I had my 1st bowl tonight,not bad and the wife likes the room note.

17. Chevyboy123

Chevyboy123 Member

The local B&M has this and I mix it with what they call Casablanca 50/50 and I enjoy it thoroughly.

18. blueeyedogre

blueeyedogre Member

1Q is my go to smoke, I am trying out a 50/50 blend of 1Q and BCA, another lane bulk, as some have said they prefer it to straight 1Q.

19. bubbagump

bubbagump Well-Known Member

For me...this stuff was a great gateway into pipe smoking. Early on...I disliked any pipe tobacco that smelled or tasted like tobacco (is how I'd put it). I've sine found stuff that I enjoy more, but it is a good smoke.

Greasy Neale likes this.
  20. jwebb33

jwebb33 Member

I was very disappointed when I smoked it... I would much rather pick up some Boswell blends

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.