a big 'ol circle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Josh

So it seems every time I post on here, I am proclaiming my love and devotion to a new (to me) pipe or tobac.... Walnut, English blends, whatever...

Lately I find myself right back where I started. Nothing satisfies my tobacco cravings like a cob full of Prince Albert. I just don't get sick of it. Every time I smoke something else, I just end up wishing I had PA in a cob...

Looks like my next order will be some diplomats and another big red tub.

Just thought I'd share...:puff:

Rugbysh9

This is gonna bring a big ass smile to Jesla's face.

I go through those phases too. You crave one thing and one thing only. Then one day you wake up and it's something else you're after. Another good reason to have a well stocked cellar IMO.

I always seem to come back to the "old reliable" blend myself. In my case it's CH. Yes, there are a lot of good tobaccos out there and I like trying to find the "great" ones.
To me, it's like eating out. Sometimes I like Chinese, sometimes Mexican, etc., but, it's always good to sit down to a nice home-cooked pot roast.
Whatever works best at the time.
Dan

Falconeer

As Dan says - "whatever works at the time!"

I try other tobaccos, I revisit old favourites particularly what you guys call "English Mixtures" but we call Balkans or Orientals but I still keep coming back to B&H's Mellow Virginia - discovered it nearly 40 years ago now!

I'm struggling through apound of St. James' Flake at the moment, have found a tin of Erinmore Flake unopened in a suitcase from last January but am just about to head out and get a pack of B&H's!

Gerry

Rugbysh9

I've read the reviews on most of the B&H blends. Never seen em' here in the states. I wonder if they're marketed under a different name here. If not I'll have to try and import some.

Falconeer

Benson and Hedges used to do Mellow Virginia and Rich Virginia in both flake and ready rubbed form, but it's sadly been many years since they dropped the Rich version. Nowadays you rarely even find the flake form of Mellow Virginia.

It's a smooth medium strength honeyed virginia with quite a pronounced room note and it's presented in characteristic moist British form. The nearest American tobacco I've found to it is John Patton's Quadruple Virginia,

All the best

Gerry

Marc

It took me over 30 years to come full circle, and here I am, enjoying Carter Hall in a cob, with nary a worry in the world.

t-bear

Not me. After 44 years, it's still an adventure. I've yet to find the "Holy Grail" and I hope I never do. It's not the destination that keeps me alive, but the journey..........

Roddy

PA is like an old friend. You make new friends as you go through life but you are always thinking of calling him again. Even though I have a few tubs of it I still can't go through wally world without checking out in the tobacco lane and grabbing a few pouches. I just counted and currently have 17 of them stacked up in the little cabinet beside me. I'll have to put it all in jars soon just so I can have room in the cabinet to start over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.