• This forum is for DIY Repair, Maintenance & Restoration. It is for people seeking advice on maintaining their own pipes. It is not for showing off commercial work done by yourself or anyone else.

Accidently fit my first stem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

datguy85

I won a Savinelli Oscar Elite 302 KS a month or so ago and liked the feel. Later I thought I bought a short MM cob replacement stem off ebay. Apparently I didn't read the discription at all and this ginormous white stem arrived.

After a few weeks of being lazy and not returning it...and a little too much reading on here...I decided to take my new dremel out and see what I could do.

It's far from showroom quality, but I like the look and feel better than the black stem and am glad I tried this out.

The pipe's ebay pic...

The before with original stem

After with a slight bend

datguy85

I had to grind the crap out of it to work it down to size. I don't have my bench grinder set up yet.

Tried boiling the stem but that wasn't working for me, so I used a candle.

datguy85

Nice Job! Never been a fan of white stems, but that one suits the pipe well. Why do so many ebay sellers turn bent stems backwards in their pics?
Thanks. I like variety and like the feel better than the original.

Backwards stems and misspelled names equal awesome deals that get missed in searches...I'm waiting on 3 Sasieni's and a few more in a lot that I won that were mostly misspelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.