All this showed up today

Got a pile of new to me things to try out. Order was missing a few tins, so that is being worked out. Going to do my homework on these styles to figure out what I like most in each category.

Dunhill 965 reminds me of Copenhagen long cut dip. The other English blends like nightcap aren't as strong. Still need to try the London blend and Elizabethan blend.

Also tried Cao black and froh Morton's cellar. Both are pretty good. Not one tobacco I've tried since tinderbox has had a bite. I have 12 more tins to try out when I burn these ones down.

So far, still trying to pick an English mix I'd love me to stock up on. I'm going to stock up on frog Morton's cellar and Cao black.

Picturerock, I feel well set. Made it through Dunhill 965, Nightcap, London, and Elizabethan today. My take is that I listed them from strongest to lightest in flavor. I liked the London mix best. I cellar jarred all but the London so I could enjoy them later. Will probably stockpile the London blend if they sell bulk. Smoked two bowls of each, back and forth to get a good take on them side by side.

Just now tried Meclelland best of show and I like it more than the frog Morton's cellar (which is still amazing), and Cao black. I liked all three. Trying to to smoke too many each day. Trying a type or five in each category to figure out what I want to stock up on.

I honestly bought far too much bulk of tinderbox tobacco's and thought it was the good stuff for years. I feel stupid for not branching out and wasting so much on tobacco's with so much young bite.

picturerock

Picturerock, I feel well set. Made it through Dunhill 965, Nightcap, London, and Elizabethan today. My take is that I listed them from strongest to lightest in flavor. I liked the London mix best. I cellar jarred all but the London so I could enjoy them later. Will probably stockpile the London blend if they sell bulk. Smoked two bowls of each, back and forth to get a good take on them side by side.

Just now tried Meclelland best of show and I like it more than the frog Morton's cellar (which is still amazing), and Cao black. I liked all three. Trying to to smoke too many each day. Trying a type or five in each category to figure out what I want to stock up on.

I honestly bought far too much bulk of tinderbox tobacco's and thought it was the good stuff for years. I feel stupid for not branching out and wasting so much on tobacco's with so much young bite.
A guy at my local B&M recommended Best of Show to me, and it is indeed a winner. I bought a bunch of it, and smoke some every now and then. I like your plan of smoking the London Mix and Blend side by side. Sounds like science, and science is always fun.

A guy at my local B&M recommended Best of Show to me, and it is indeed a winner. I bought a bunch of it, and smoke some every now and then. I like your plan of smoking the London Mix and Blend side by side. Sounds like science, and science is always fun.

Best of show and lane 1-q are definitely my favorite so far. Also tied Mac barren vanilla cream. Going to try Virginia's and the sort tomorrow.

Finished up trying the rest of the tins. I spread it out a bit more so they weren't as mixed in my mind while sorting out what I like best. Raw blends like Mac barren gloden extra, escudo navy deluxe, dunhill flake and HH bold Kentucky are the ones that grabbed me most. Still haven't tried all of them dried out in various states, but good none the less.

Going to order a few more of the gloden standards along with a few more aromatic blends.

Also I switched to a cob pipe and prefer the filter to non filter. The price also is nice. I like having a few around for particular blends.

Thanks all for comments and suggestions. Enjoying all that is out there so far.

jason1977

Got a pile of new to me things to try out. Order was missing a few tins, so that is being worked out. Going to do my homework on these styles to figure out what I like most in each category.

Dunhill 965 reminds me of Copenhagen long cut dip. The other English blends like nightcap aren't as strong. Still need to try the London blend and Elizabethan blend.

Also tried Cao black and froh Morton's cellar. Both are pretty good. Not one tobacco I've tried since tinderbox has had a bite. I have 12 more tins to try out when I burn these ones down.

So far, still trying to pick an English mix I'd love me to stock up on. I'm going to stock up on frog Morton's cellar and Cao black.
G.L. Pease Chelsea Morning- 8 oz tin & call it a day :thu2: