altinok

Status
Not open for further replies.

noodle

im not a big fan of intricate carvings add to that the meers i have are african and i quite like them. so ive not really seen the attraction of getting a pipe from turkey.

until now that is, its a fair chunk of money so im probably going to wait a couple of months (christmas is coming which tends to be a bit expensive) before i even think about buying this
http://altinokmeerschaumpipes.com/detail.asp?product_id=IK124

now i cant find anything bad about these pipes so im pretty sure im in good when i do have the money.
anything i should know or be aware of when it comes to buying trouble posting special care etc, is the pipe a piece to be looked at or smoked (just noticed its light enough to smoke unlike a couple ive seen) etc

Take 15% off Cigar Gifts! Use Promo Code: GIFT15 at cart

bubbagump

No problems. I paid for the fast shipping (instant gratification). It took something like 24-48 hours to get to the states from Turkey.

No special care...though some people do give their meers additional care (i.e. wax dipping).

I definitely prefer the briar type tenon on my Altinok to my SMS.

To me....it's a pipe to be smoked. Sure...it's really impressive when you take it out of the box at first (it would be nice if I had the restraint to just keep a meerschaum pipe brand new as a display piece), but as it takes on color....it becomes (to me) more of a utilitarian piece.

dmkerr

PG- free since '83!
Staff member
Meerschaum pipes are to be smoked, and Turkish meer will rock your world. Buy it and smoke it in good health - you'll love it! :th1:

t-bear

One caveat...the globe may not quite match the one we live on. <grin> The carvers come pretty close for the most part, but only close....
Still, this is a fine pipe....I think you'll really enjoy your new meerschaum.

jdto

I have no complaints about my two Altinoks. They are both well-made and smoke really nicely. I was less than impressed with the finishing on the button of the Lee Van Cleef model I bought, but 20 minutes with some needle files and 10 with some micromesh had it better than new and shaped to my liking.

noodle

One caveat...the globe may not quite match the one we live on. <grin> The carvers come pretty close for the most part, but only close....
Still, this is a fine pipe....I think you'll really enjoy your new meerschaum.
aww i was hoping for a full on relief map:xd:

Status
Not open for further replies.