Any Pipers in the Tampa Bay Area?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by GregRSr, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregRSr

GregRSr Member

I didn't know where else to post this so admin please feel free to move it elsewhere. I'm looking for a fellow piper in the Tampa Bay area. I live in the Keys but will be spending the majority of time over the next several months in the Tampa Bay area. Would like to find a similar minded fellow to smoke with, share and trade tobaccos, etc.

2. rigormootis

rigormootis Member

I see this is an old post, but I'm going to reply anyway and hope for some related info.

I am heading to stay at the Tradewinds (St. Pete beach) for a few days next month (work conference) and I am hoping to tap the wisdom here for what might be some good B&M / piping areas nearby...esp. within walking distance. Also, are the beach and other public areas "pipe friendly" (I assume "yes," since Tampa is "cigar town" to many).

Thanks in advance!

3. Murph

Murph Member

I can't help with Tampa. I going to Naples and few days in the Keys. Tell me about Keys if you would.

4. rigormootis

rigormootis Member

Heading to Tamps/St. Pete's on Thursday.
    Anyone have any tips/suggestions as to ant B&M tobacconists I should try to shop?

5. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

RM, I am meeting up with walkinstick and snake in Orlando on Friday. Maybe an hour drive or so, but I though I would throw it out there. We are still working out the finer details.

rigormootis likes this.
  6. rigormootis

rigormootis Member

Arrrgh! I have family in Orlando and I was going to originally fly in over there, stay a night, and rent a car to drive to TB...but I didn't go that route. Unfortunately, my work commitments are just enough that I won't be able to get away long enough for that kind of excursion. THANK YOU for the offer. :toast:

Eric Pierson likes this.
  7. SCAllen

SCAllen Member

Edwards on Henderson (http://edwardstampa.com/) is not too far off of the 275 bridge coming from St. Pete. They have a small smoking bar and fresh coffee if you get a chance to sit for a while.

8. rigormootis

rigormootis Member

Excellent - thank you!

9. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

Shoot me a pm when you plan on making it there. If I get the chance I may meet you for a pipe!

ruffinogold and rigormootis like this.
  10. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I'm very familiar with TB .... What he said ^^^^^^ is spot on . If yer in Cigar mode , Edwards is fine , but you may want to go to Ybor city and check out their Cigar Shops too . Ybor is within ten miles or less of Edwards .

Monkey and rigormootis like this.
  11. rigormootis

rigormootis Member

If the weather cooperates, I will be flying out Thursday morning from Milwaukee and arriving that afternoon. I will be around until Sunday. I am there for a work conference, so while I have some of my time spoken for, I'd be happy to meet for a pipe. I will not have a personal vehicle though (I'm staying at the Tradewinds). Are you close to or in St. Petes? Are the beaches and public areas "smoker friendly" down there?
    Thanks!

12. jeremyw

jeremyw Member

+1 for Edwards! It's a very nice shop and the staff is very friendly. I shop there regularly.

Monkey and rigormootis like this.
  13. rigormootis

rigormootis Member

@Monkey - My schedule will be pretty flexable on Friday, please send me a PM with a few good times for you. Again, I'll be just a tourist with no wheels, but I am happy to work at meeting a fellow PSFer for a bowl or three.

Monkey likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.