Anyone see the "new" pipesandcigars yet?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by WWhermit, Jan 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WWhermit

WWhermit Member

Just went on some online tobacco sites to compare prices. I visited pipesandcigars to search for a couple blends. WTF?

Excuse my language, but who reconfigured the site, and thought that it worked better? Is it just me, or is it now a pain in the ass to search for blends?

Take McClelland's 221B Arcadia, for example. Impossible for me to find.

Looks like smokingpipes just took the #1 spot for me.

Jeebs, rondel65, WalkinStick and 4 others like this.

2. SeminarianMike

SeminarianMike Member

ive always had trouble finding certain blends and general items on the site... :(

3. WrightwoodJohn

WrightwoodJohn Wrightwood expatriate

Smokingpipes here. I've only glanced at P & C..

4. cigarsarge

cigarsarge Active Member

Smoking Pipes gets most of my business...Prices are usually a bit better.

Stonewall and woody like this.
  5. woody

woody Admin Admin

+1 for Smoking Pipes.

Jeebs and Stonewall like this.
  6. WWhermit

WWhermit Member

I've gone to P&C mainly because I like a lot of Russ's blends. Now, though, it's too much of a pain in the ass to navigate. Too much change in the last couple years, not enough for the good.

7. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

The site is essentially the same as CigarsInternational now...

8. Jayson

Jayson Member

Ordered from smokingpipes.com and received in 10 days to Canada. Will sorry have repeated.

Also ordered from pipesandcigars for my FOG/FNG commitment. They do not ship to Canada so probably wont be back on the site again.

9. SeminarianMike

SeminarianMike Member

ive had great experiences with smokingpipes, well to be honest p and c sent me a pound of mac baren sevenseas with a penny in the tobacco. I sent a picture of the penny as i opened it. They replied with in a hour apologizing and next dayed me another pound. They did say the penny might be lucky! :D

10. woody

woody Admin Admin

11. dBear

dBear Active Member

I spent a bit of time playing with it to see if "learning to use" the site would improve my opinion. It didn't. The old layout was much more intuitive and easy to see where you were going. Also there's something wrong with their font sizes or layout with the pictures or something with the blend names - the old site I could focus easily on the blend names and zip right to what I was looking for, the new site requires peering and studying. Too much trouble.

12. TWolf

TWolf Member

Exactly. It functions very much like the CI site now. And the CI site is one of the worst vendor sites I've seen. The only thing that made the CI site palatable was that their selection of pipe tobacco was limited compared to their cigars and to other vendor sites so it wasn't too hard to find things. P&C's offering of pipe tobacco is much more extensive which makes this new layout way too cumbersome and difficult to navigate. Somebody made a really bad decision.

bubbagump, Coda, dBear and 1 other person like this.
  13. SeminarianMike

SeminarianMike Member

AGREED! :D

WWhermit likes this.
  14. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Like the new site. Lots of sort options.
    Just wish they would give dimensions on their pipes. At least chamber dia. x depth would help me.

user3221 likes this.
  15. Puffstone

Puffstone Active Member

I was on a bit ago... site is a pain to use and the whole reason I never liked cigars international was due to layout of the website, which p&c is exact to now.

Since they merged the pipe inventory has been terrible and seems the site has gonna down, this is the icing on the cake.

I hate to say this as smoking pipes is a bit higher price in what I buy, but I will be only shopping smokingpipes until p&c gets easier to navigate. Guess that's a good thing as smoking pipes keeps money in my home state, too bad I have to pay state sales tax too.

16. Trauma

Trauma Active Member

I've been a loyal P&C customer for a while, not sure how I feel about the new site yet. I've not really explored it enough to make up my mind. It is funny how similar how it is to CI.

17. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

4noggins gives PSF members a 10% discount, so they are usually my first stop. If I'm looking for something hard to find, I'll go to any of the others- Smokingpipes, P&C, etc.

TedVig, WalkinStick and JRobert like this.
  18. JRobert

JRobert Hermit Forum Guide

Have you checked the prices at 4noggins.com? Don't forget you get 10% off with the "psf" discount code. I really like both smokingpipes.com and 4noggins.

(edit) Brad types faster!

19. user3221

user3221 Member

i still don't know why some of the same items cost more at CI versus P&C or vice versa
    not to mention the shipping rates are different even though it is coming from the same place

:msty:

dBear likes this.
  20. Puffstone

Puffstone Active Member

Thanks for this info, I'm all about a deal. I will start shopping them now too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.