Anyone see the "new" pipesandcigars yet?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by WWhermit, Jan 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whalehead King

Whalehead King Active Member

I don't have any strong opinions about the site. I don't do a lot of online tobacco shopping, but I did order recently from P&C recently because they sent me a paper catalog in the mail, unrequested as far as I can remember. I enjoyed reading the catalog and placed an order based on my close perusal of same. I placed a second order a few weeks later. I suppose it's like CI in that you get the big list of options that you have to click through, and I agree that it's irritating that I only notice that something is out of stock after I choose it. That said, everything I wanted arrived before I expected it and it was a seamless transaction. I'm neutral.

If they send me another catalog in the mail, they will probably suck me in for another order. I enjoyed reading it and pondering the selections in analogue rather than digital format. I hate the spur of the moment purchasing decisions that I have to make online.

Dimik and critter like this.

2. critter

critter Member

my last order showed pending in my account until it arrived. the order arrived when i expected it to based on prior shipments. i believe the transition is disrupting their normal business pattern. i have never had any problems with them and placed an order sunday. i will probably get used to the new website. i have found the website a little more difficult, but it does contain more information.

dBear likes this.
  3. jwh891

jwh891 Member

Been playing around with it a little more and I actually like the way the new site allows you to browse selections fairly easy with options for cut, incidents, brands and what not.

Coastal Bend likes this.
  4. WWhermit

WWhermit Member

It's a law that has never been enforced. The USPS does not recognize this law, since they are Federal, and nothing in the Federal Statute says you can't ship tobacco to Washington. UPS, FedEx, and such, might, just might, have a problem, but I've never seen anyone have a problem that has shipped to WA.

Smokingpipes.com still ships their tobacco to Washington without a problem or concern about it.

dBear likes this.
  5. Ephraim

Ephraim Member

Yeah me neither...My beloved McClelland Black Shag was nowhere to be found. I'll email them, as I wanted to try the other two 221B blends.

6. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Smokingpipes.com is the only shop I deal with. They even sent me a Christmas card. There wasn't a damn thing in it but words. But I still think they're tops.

ampersand, olddog, Jeebs and 4 others like this.
  7. Ephraim

Ephraim Member

Yeah I enjoy reading their catalog/magazine they send out. Kinda fun lying on the couch looking at all the cool pipes and tobaccos.

dBear likes this.
  8. Whalehead King

Whalehead King Active Member

P&C sent me an email today asking me for reviews. I emailed them back about the Butz Choquin I purchased that quickly acquired a burned out stem. 6 minutes later got a reply that this should never happen and would I like a replacement, since they still have the same model in stock, or a credit. I took the replacement which should be arriving in a few days.

I went back to the site afterward to look at tobaccos and I have to admit that I like all the pictures of the tins, as someone who collects the tins. I can't complain about the site or the retailer.

Hawkwood and critter like this.
  9. Gothicmace

Gothicmace Member

Just my two cents.. but I have always gotten great customer service from P&C at all times... and when I was trying to expand my tobacco experience... Russ himself responded to my email and recommeded several blends.. which are spot on.... my only complaint.. .. I enjoyed all the tobacco reviews and the up to five star ratings.. which is gone.... I would spend a good deal of time reading prior reviews.. and looking at the different star ratings. While I do like how they now list the strength.. room note.. things like that... I miss all the reviews and the star ratings that we as customers could provide on the various blends. Other then that.. yes it is new... but just like any new pair of shoes.... after a week or two of walking in them.. they become my favortie as well. Just need to break them in first.
    Cheers
    Mike

critter and Hawkwood like this.
  10. WrightwoodJohn

WrightwoodJohn Well-Known Member

Ya, that's just not right. Seems they are holding your $ hostage until they can fill the order..

11. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Active Member

Having intentionally ordered items on backorder before, for me at least they only charge for things when they ship. So if half your order goes out right away and the other half a month later, they charge each half when shipping. Also they didnt charge to ship the back ordered items. If you have a couple different things on backorder, though, they will wait until all are back in stock to ship at once.

12. Dwijattam

Dwijattam Member

And the samplers section in P&C has all gone to hell. In bulk it tells you that you are getting 5 samples of 2 Oz each - but where the old site told you what the samples are: i couldn't find that information any where.
    Am i missing something?

13. Hawkwood

Hawkwood Member

They've added a McClelland 221B listing in their tobacco brands. Order is restored to the Universe!:D

Ephraim, dBear and critter like this.
  14. Ephraim

Ephraim Member

Yeah I just noticed that...awesome. :th1: They have very good prices for the 221b series, and I'm glad I don't have to shop elsewhere for my Black Shag :puffy:

Hawkwood likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.