• This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Are They Worth The Price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falconeer

Hi All,

As I've said before there is a lot of mileage for any pipe buyer no matter how experienced in Sas's post.

I printed a copy of it off when it was fist posted and keep it in my wallet beside my credit cards "just in case."

Though I've a lot of experience with pipes I sure have made plenty mistakes and bought some real bummers over the years. Anyone can be swept away by enthusiasm at the sight of a nice looking or unusual pipe fork out the money and then regret it. I did it as recently as last year with a rather attractive looking Zulu shaped pipe, which was a failure from the off and which in the end I was quite delighted to lose one night after an evening in the pub.

If I'd offer any advice here it would be - print a copy and keep it by you when PAD strikes ( or even when it just might )

Gerry

Ivycap

The only thing I'd like to add to the advice of these kind gentlemen: Make sure the bowl is nice and thick. There are plenty of pipes priced over $50 where the barrel is just too thin. Then when you try to hold it you burn your hand. I hate that. So that's something to check for. :beerhat:

Status
Not open for further replies.