• This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Armellini fatte a mano

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I'm new to the site and a new pipe smoker. I bought a Mauro Armellini pipe that I haven't been able to find any information on. I got it at a local antique store, probably overpaid for it, but I thought it was pretty cool looking. I haven't smoked it yet, still need to clean it up, but I was wondering if $75 was too much to pay for one of these pipes. I'll post some pictures once I figure out how.
Any info, or direction to info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

https://pipesmokersforum.com/community/webkit-fake-url://19B84154-25BE-4E33-B4AD-EFC582A3C9F5/image.tiffAhhh! it's huge... maybe the pic will be smaller when I post this.
I couldn't attach it from my iPad, but here's a picture of it. Let me know what you think.
Trust me, it won't hurt my feeling any to tell me this pipe is terrible and I should just throw it away.
Thanks again.

That's a pretty big pipe
Yah it is! Pretty unique too in my opinion, hopefully someone can provide a little more info. I know that Mauro's daughter and nephew are running the business now. And nothing that they're selling look like this. None of the pics of Armellini's look like this that I can find.

Mister Moo

Gone but not forgotten
Staff member
If your pipe is in good shape you probably paid somewhere between fair and fair. Good pipes, Armellini, if you like the look. Yours is a monster.

Pipes are easy to bring up to spin with some spit, paper towels, alcohol, pipecleaners and wax - just take care to remove the stem carefully/properly so as not to break it (or the wooden shank). The rest is simple.

buistd

Very nice pipe. Here is some info on Armellini. I had never heard of them before. As for if you paid too much - I don't think so. Cavaliers are always pretty expensive, and it looks like yours is huge. In fact I think you got a pretty good deal.

Kiowapipe

Cool pipe! $75 might be a little high but is probably within the range of reason for that pipe. Hope you like it :) I've got an Armellini that I started restoring a long time ago but never finished...

Status
Not open for further replies.