• This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Ascorti and Alpha Big Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grabow sold all the Aldo Velani that they had...their choice.
Now the factory and I are left with a few dozen Ascorti(sp) and several dozen Alpha Big Boy. Please tell me something about them.... Worth anything??
Thanks ... ted

ruffinogold

Mayor
Grabow sold all the Aldo Velani that they had...their choice.
Now the factory and I are left with a few dozen Ascorti(sp) and several dozen Alpha Big Boy. Please tell me something about them.... Worth anything??
Thanks ... ted
Are they out of Alpha blue ridge ?

Sasquatch

Wizzard
Ascorti is a midgrade or maybe midgrade minus brand out of Italy, Peppino Ascorti was one of the founders of the Caminetto brand.

The one I have has the best acrylic stem I've ever seen - super thin and a very well cut button, just the right size. It's built well. I think they are kind of a "value" Italian pipe, sold through chain tobacconists etc.

Ascorti is a midgrade or maybe midgrade minus brand out of Italy, Peppino Ascorti was one of the founders of the Caminetto brand.

The one I have has the best acrylic stem I've ever seen - super thin and a very well cut button, just the right size. It's built well. I think they are kind of a "value" Italian pipe, sold through chain tobacconists etc.
Again, Thanks SAS. Appreciate it. Next trip to the factory I'll have some of these if the bits are that good... Thanks again... ted

ruffinogold

Mayor
Ted , Ascorti are very good pipes . I dont think they have pipes under 150.00 [ ? ]. They came up with the " New Deer " rustication that was huge for the time . If you get them reasonable it would be wise .

Actually Ted I'll bet you can sell a whole wack of pipes here if you can get some photos.
SAS, I'll take the camera the next time I go to the factory, started to this morning as I went to Halsey Drug. Grabow has seen way too much of me since July.

One thing I want understood... I try and make NO PPROFIT on what I buy. Just a break even with postage. Shootinok got 2 Aldo Velani Straight Grains for $105.00 I made $9.00, and told him I did. The 2 he didn't take will make twice that on ebag (a friend is selling them). This hobby/habit/recreation/ENJOYMENT/work that we all enjoy allowed me to retire at 56. Live on a SPECTACULAR farm in NC, a home in Florida. This thing, pipe smoking/making/enjoying, has been really good to me and my family. If it costs me a few bucks to send a free pipe to one of you (Mr Moo), or a few "hands" of Burley, then so be it,
Pipe Smoking(and making) means more to me than you'all will ever know, and this must continue. Damn the Governments.

One day I'll talk about failing out of UNC.... I did..... ted

Shootinok

"Shootinok got 2 Aldo Velani Straight Grains for $105.00 I made $9.00"
I wouldn't have cared if you made $90 - I still got a great deal! :thankyou:
They are absolute beauties.

We're sure glad you found this place. (I know I speak for the crowd) :thumb:

"Shootinok got 2 Aldo Velani Straight Grains for $105.00 I made $9.00"
I wouldn't have cared if you made $90 - I still got a great deal! :thankyou:
They are absolute beauties.

We're sure glad you found this place. (I know I speak for the crowd) :thumb:
Thank you. Means a "right smart" to me. We'll meet again... Enjoy the Velanis... ted

Guys, Went back to the factory this morning with a list of Ascorti to buy for y'all. Unfortunately they (along with the Aldo Velani) had all been sold. I found a couple, but they were pretty "trashy". I apologize for getting hopes up, but it happens... ted

Status
Not open for further replies.