• This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Assistance Requested...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am considering bidding on a Moretti Briar Calabash, but don't wish to get rooked. I've seen the Moretti pipes anywhere from 75 to 900. But can't find the calabash among them. Any comments?

Russell Hartman

Stay Silver
Patron
I will echo that price, value is as was said--a VERY--VERY fluid concept. Also as was said that Ebay is not always a very good indicator of value. I have seen pipes that were NOT worth in my mind go for astronomical prices. WHY?--because to the buyer it was worth that. ANY item--be it a pipe or most anything is worth EXACTLY what a specific individual is willing to pay for it.
As to Moretti pipes--Are they engineered well? Are they good smokers? Are they an over all good pipe?--This I personally CANNOT answer as I do not own any of the Moretti pipes. As was said--perhaps someone who owns one or more will happen by and post up a response. Even if they do not--if you can get the pipe at a price that is within what you determine is good for you--well then go for it.
You will never know how a Moretti smokes or is engineered unless you can handle and smoke one for yourself.--Best of luck to you.

Russell Hartman

Stay Silver
Patron
Cool--let us know how you do. Perhaps if luck is on your side things will go your way. As I said--You saw a Moretti pipe--it kinda has your eye. As long as you can obtain it at a price that YOU see and determine is a value in your mind--by all means-YES. I am the kind of person that when it comes to pipes--I figure that I can read forums, look at pictures and so on. However ONLY after I have handled a specific name in pipes and have smoked them can I say ANYTHING whether it be positive or negative about them. I feel the same way about reviews and such on things such as tobaccos--only after I have tried it can I even begin to offer up ANY opinion.
I hope you win the pipe--I really do. Best of luck.

Well the Moretti went for allot more than I was willing to pay... However, I was able to get a Peterson calabash, and two Savinellis, one being a punto oro, and the other a leather wrapped "grand prix". (for less than what the Moretti went for) I hope to get them soon. Will post some pix if I can figure out how... :)

(NOT) patiently waiting. By the way, I liked Preachers popcorn eater!

dBear

Will post some pix if I can figure out how... :)
Savs and Petes are good pipes - I'd say you did all right with your purchase decision.

The easiest way to post photos here is to open an account at Photobucket.com (free) and upload your photos there. Then you just copy their link to the photo (their IMG code link) and paste that in your postings here. Can't wait to see the pics, Gospel! :snork:

In the meantime, I've picked up an MM Cobb from the drug store; which by the way, all of my recent acquisitions have been influenced by my perusal of this forum, so a thanks is in order... ANYWAY, I love it. With only two briars in my present rotation, I have been smoking the "tar" out of it. (ahem)

Status
Not open for further replies.