1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Attention Peterson pals!

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by AndyLowry, Nov 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

My only Peterson is a small bent #221. I'd like to have a great big bent sandblast, but I don't know the shape numbers and model names well enough to know what I'm looking for. Could someone point me towards a pipe model/number? I'd like to try a "system" pipe; fishtail would be best but I can live with a P-lip.

Thanks!

Edit to add: Target price is, say, around 100-120 US$.

2. Cobra

Cobra Member

Standard XL305.

3. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

The 305 is the small pipe, the 315 is the XL size, but it's now been re-labelled the XL 11 if memory serves - the original sherlock holmes shape.

4. Cobra

Cobra Member

On their website they're showing it as the XL305, they also show the smaller one as a 305.

5. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

6. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

7. scworrell

scworrell Member

I've been looking for a nice sandblasted Pete, too.
    I personally like the 306, but can only find it in rusticated, and if I'm forking out over $100 for a pipe, it's gonna be exactly what I want.
    Back on topic, I haven't seen any sandblasted XLs anywhere except the Peterson website.
    If you need help pinning down a shape, here's Pete's current >>System Pipe Shape Chart<<
    At least you can find the shape you'd like to look for in a sandblasted finish. I'll keep an eye out for you while I search for my gem as well.

Best of luck!
    -Rob

8. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

Thanks muchly for the pointers, gents. I wound up ordering a System Rusticated 307 Fishtail. It's not precisely what I was looking for, but it's close enough for now. I'll keep my eyes peeled (ow!) for a System in XL-- not seeing any around at the moment.

9. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

Not sure if you mean you want a smooth 306, because my reading comprehension skills are minimal, but here's a right nice one. Scope out that grain!

10. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

To get just the one you want, you may need to get a good tobacconist to custom order it from Petersons and the wait can be 12 -16 weeks - but good things are truly worth waiting for and the wait time does give you the chance to save up for it!

Rich at 4Noggins is a good guy who can be trusted - he's got a good selection of Pete's on his site and is willing to order.

Two long established Brit firms who can also be trusted and who do international orders are Lloyds Tobacconists and Bruccianni's at Carlisle. Chris Corrieri at Brucciani's will move Heaven and Earth to get you what you want and will keep chasing it up for you and gives real old fashioned customer service.

Chis got me my matched set of Falcon Extras with blonde bowls for my birthday and a Peterson Supreme for my Anniversary which is on 30/11/10 and went to great lengths to ensure it arrived in time sending it special delivery at no cost,

Best to all

Gerry

11. scworrell

scworrell Member

No, I definitely meant sandblasted. That is a good lookin smooth though... Funny though, since browsing through SmokingPipes' selection, I can't keep myself from drooling over Pete's 2010 model Pipe of the Year. That's a sharp lookin' piece too.

Gerry,

Thanks for the tips! I'll shoot Rich an email and see if he thinks he can find what I'm searching for. If he can't help me, I'm really diggin this Savinelli. Can you (or anybody else, for that matter) give me any feedback as to how the Sav's smoke?

Best wishes,
    -Rob

12. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

There was an old-timer named Marc around here a while back who often said he thought Savs were right up there with Petes. Your mileage may vary.

13. Cobra

Cobra Member

I like the Sav's even better than the Pete's for smoking, looks and price.

14. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

Sorry I can't help about Savinellis - they are not that widely sold in the UK - I've never owned one and don't have any friends who've had one either - from everything I've read on the Forums they seem pretty highly rated though,

Gerry

15. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

I have three Savinellis, two of which are good and one mediocre. While not personally a fan of the &#$%^@ balsa filter system, the pipes are generally a good value. My experience has been that the best bang for the buck in currently produced pipes is Stanwell (and that may be because I don't have a slew of Petersons to compare to).

Scworrell, I have a straight Savinelli Adria pebbled that you can have if you want it-- I'm more of a bent pipe guy and it's just sitting in a drawer nowadays. I can provide a picture later when the sun comes up. (It's not the mediocre one.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.