• This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

AussieTx's Dunhill is CLEAN!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spillproof

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
As a belated bday present for AussieTx I did a resto on his "new" Dunhill.
The pipe was already in great shape, just a little oxidation, cake, and grime.

Typical stuff:
Shank brush and everclear to clean up the stem, then an Oxyclean bath and stepwise hand-sanding. Sponge buff. Tripoli. Carnuba. Flannel.

Pipe got the cotton ball/salt soak and shank cleaning with Everclear. Cleaned up the rim with spit and a finger, mostly. Then micro-fiber and warm mildly soapy water. Then a very light tripoli buff, then a heap of Carnuba.

Before:

After:

Cheers!

Edit:
Thanks to Tx for getting me back on the horse.
I had to get some new materials to do this restoration, but now I'm all set again.

WrightwoodJohn

Patron
As a belated bday present for AussieTx I did a resto on his "new" Dunhill.
The pipe was already in great shape, just a little oxidation, cake, and grime.

Typical stuff:
Shank brush and everclear to clean up the stem, then an Oxyclean bath and stepwise hand-sanding. Sponge buff. Tripoli. Carnuba. Flannel.

Pipe got the cotton ball/salt soak and shank cleaning with Everclear. Cleaned up the rim with spit and a finger, mostly. Then micro-fiber and warm mildly soapy water. Then a very light tripoli buff, then a heap of Carnuba.

Before:

After:

Cheers!

Edit:
Thanks to Tx for getting me back on the horse.
I had to get some new materials to do this restoration, but now I'm all set again.
You better not be too set dammit !! Just knock it off, I've got investers to deal with.

Vaquero

Very nice, Spill is the Dunhill restore master.
If I ever get one, I will make sure it is a really, really messed up, nasty estate,
just so I can send it to him to make it look all new and shiny again.
Congrats, enjoy!

Stonewall

That is some impressive work, Spill. Good on ya!

I've really frown tired of wearing blisters on my thumbs rubbing on pipes with tube polish. I suppose I'm going to have to invest in some power tools here.

Status
Not open for further replies.