1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

B C pipe?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Njemt527, Jul 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Njemt527

Njemt527 Member

I was at the local shop today. Saw a nice pipe. The box and bag had B C on it. I could not read the full name becuase of the script made it hard to read. It was made in france. Any one know the full name and like there pipes? Ive seen the brand several times before

2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Butz Choquin, sort of the french peterson. Average in a good way, I guess....

3. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Butz Choquin (Boots Showkin)

4. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Butts-a-Chokin'???? Was that what he said???? Whaaaaaa????

JK! :thumbsu:

:velho:
    Ed Puff!

5. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

they're pretty generally decent pipes. good quality briar but not always perfectly drilled, be worth checking it out before you buy it. if you're looking to resell though be advised their estates do not sell well or high.

6. CarlBC

CarlBC Member

I have a couple of BCs. If you inspect them carefully before you buy them, you can find a real gem. I have a BC bent billiard that smokes like a dream and has incredible bird's eye grain all around.

:groucho:
    -- Carl

7. BobT

BobT Member

I'll put my two cents in... When I think of the worst... I mean the W O R S T pipe I ever smoked, I always think of a BC I bought in Paris. I wouldn't wish that thing on Stalin.

8. Njemt527

Njemt527 Member

9. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Great looking pipe. :lol:

10. pipasattis

pipasattis Member

I got 1 BC too. Excellent smoker, i love it, it'S a nice lookin brandy with bird's eye grain on it.

11. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

Just shows you the truth of the old saying "One man's meat is anothers poison" - wish you many happy years with the new pipe.

One not so good example from a pipemaker can put you off a brand - the second Peterson I bought back in the 70s did not work for me - and I'm quite prepared to accept it was me and not the pipe - and I swore I'd never touch another one of theirs. Revisited Petersons recently and am getting along just fine with the 999s I've got, in fact I love them.

Happy smoking

Gerry

12. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

I've only ever had one BC, a nice little bulldog that looked more English than my English bulldogs. Smoked well. Pretty solid pipe for the money.

13. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

That's a very handsome pipe and I hope you enjoy it for many years to come!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.