1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Bag of Pipes

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Tsalagi44, Jun 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tsalagi44

Tsalagi44 Member

A fella who works behind the counter at the local gas and grub found out I had gotten into pipes and said he would bring me a couple pipes. He did. It was a bag with ELEVEN pipes. Well, here's the pic. Top left going down: Kaywoodie Drinkless, Kaywoodie Super Grain Octagonal bowl, Sasieni 4 Dot Walnut, GDB England. Center: Standing Tobacco Blender Italy, A weird dog pipe with red eyes,Big rusticated pipe in center is marked 2575 Custom (on bottom0. Right: Leather covered marked LongChamp France, below that is The Doodler France. Oh and the one center bottom is a Jeep. And then the center one is a Caminetto Business. :) So whatcha think guys and gals? Any keepers?
    [​IMG]

2. Terry292

Terry292 Member

Uh, yeah, they're all keepers, in my opinion. Then, pipes hardly ever leave my grubby little hands, once I take possession of them.

DogTalker and Coda like this.
  3. Thuber88

Thuber88 Active Member

Keep them all!!:thu2:
    I like that amber stemmed one down front!

ArmedOctopus and Coda like this.
  4. Tsalagi44

Tsalagi44 Member

I will definitely keep them all. I am just blown away by his generosity. He pointed out the Caminetto and Sasieni to me, so he knows what they are. Now it's time for me to read up and see what they are. :sh:

dBear likes this.
  5. javajunkie

javajunkie Member

if you are down for some work, i could see a LOT of good smokes in your future! but, at the very least, do take them all for at least a spin around the block, and let us know.

6. Tsalagi44

Tsalagi44 Member

I have one Kaywoodie soaking in Iso and salt now. :)

7. Moose

Moose Active Member

I say nice haul o' pipes you got there. After a little clean up they all be keepers, Arggghhhh. I don't know why, but I just found my inner Pirate. [​IMG]
    Enjoy.

Preacher1611 and ruffinogold like this.
  8. dBear

dBear Active Member

That Doodler is classic! And the dog and truck pipes have got to be some sort of collector's item. I think you received a very nice gift!

9. Tsalagi44

Tsalagi44 Member

This project is taking awhile...I really need to order some Halcyon II and micro mesh pads.

User3940 likes this.
  10. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

That Jeep pipe is cool--is it drilled for use? Doesn't look like the tobacco chamber is, from the photo. Perhaps more of a novelty? The dog must be the Hound of the Baskervilles. Some great looking pipes and lots of fun refurbing them.

11. dbt13

dbt13 Active Member

Is the Sasieni labeled 4 Dot or Four Dot?

Either way its a nice pipe, though if its Four Dot then its a fantastic find - those are older family made Sasienis.

dBear likes this.
  12. ruralhipster

ruralhipster Member

Nice pipes, I really like the GBD with the acrylic stem. Is that amber colored or red in normal light?

13. Tsalagi44

Tsalagi44 Member

Yep the jeep pipe is drilled for smoking. The Sasieni has four dots on the stem. I don't know anything about Sasieni (yet). Any info would be most appreciated! ;) Just looked and it says 4Dot Walnut. Is walnut the finish or the style? Thanks.

14. Tsalagi44

Tsalagi44 Member

It's a rose color rural.

15. Tsalagi44

Tsalagi44 Member

The Caminetto was clean so I swabbed the stem in and out with alcohol and packed it with CH. I know how to pack CH well and knew it would probably burn with no relights. In short I know how it behaves in a bowl. Wow. Now i know the difference between a good smoking pipe, and a great smoking pipe. This new hobby (obsession) of pipe smoking continues to surprise me.

User3940, Terry292 and dBear like this.
  16. Russell Hartman

Russell Hartman Stay Silver

While the dog and jeep really do not appeal to me--ALL of the others are nice. Just gotta clean them up. Over all--I'd say what you got is a bag of awesome-ness--REALLY cool score on that bag of pipes. ALL of those are keepers. The Jeep and dog--clean them up and think of them as gifts and conversation pieces. Congrats on getting them. SUPER DUPER nice score on that bag of goodies.:toast::thu2:

Tsulagi44 and dBear like this.
  17. 1858remington

1858remington Active Member

The Jeep pipes are hard to come by. Hold on to that little gem.

dBear likes this.
  18. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

That's a great gift! Don't forget to post pics after your done with the refurbs!

dBear likes this.
  19. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

That GBD is sharp.

Happy smoking!

20. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

The Caminetto is an excellent
    pipe! Does it have a gold
    mustache on the stem?
    Cams are made in Italy.
    worth at least a hundred, used.