Balkan Blends

Status
Not open for further replies.

TxPipesmoker

Hey guys! I recieved some McClelland Blue Mountain in a trade and I can't get enough of this stuff. Wow its good. What are some other Balkan Blends that are high on your list..

dmkerr

PG- free since '83!
Staff member
Compton's of Galashiels Macedonian Mixture
GL Pease Charing Cross

I guess those are balkans. I'm never really sure what people mean when they use that term, but the two above satisfy the usual definitions.

GlassSculptor

G.L. Pease has what you need..... From Piccadilly (mild) to Odyssey (Boom!).

The real gems (for me) are his medium Balkan/English blends like Quiet Nights, Samarra and Maltese Falcon.

SG Squadron Leader is excellent too. Grab some when you can.

TxPipesmoker

Compton's of Galashiels Macedonian Mixture
GL Pease Charing Cross

I guess those are balkans. I'm never really sure what people mean when they use that term, but the two above satisfy the usual definitions.
I don't think anyone will agree 100% what a Balkan Blend is.

Beale

Peter Stokkebye Balkan Supreme. Extremly good smoke at a very good price point. Check Mars, Beale.

GlassSculptor

I've only had a couple bowls of PS Balkan Supreme. A solid smoke at a great price but it hasn't really rung my bell like Quiet Nights does. It's a keeper though.

I keep forgetting to try G&H's Balkan flake. I'm really enjoying their BBF #2 and Louisiana Flakes.

I too enjoy Blue Mtn, smoking it right now actually. I am pacing myself with it because I don't wish to hasten it's demise by smoking it all. I look forward to reading some more examples of Balkan blends. Some of my favorite tobaccos so far have had Balkans in them, frog Morton on the bayou and penzance, if I'm not mistaken.

beaupipe

Another vote for Charing Cross. Also getting high marks from me are Bill Bailey's Balkan, Brebbia Balkan, and Ashton's Artisan's Blend (if it's got a little Balkan blood).

Capt

I recently cracked the lid on a tin of Blue Mountain, and it is superb. I can see this one becoming a classic.

dmkerr

PG- free since '83!
Staff member
I had 3.5 lbs of SL I smoked about 2lbs of it and gave the rest away....
Same here. I bought 2 pounds of it after smoking one tin - I was very impressed. The more I smoked of it and the more I smoked other blends, the less impressed I became. I traded away the last half pound. It's still a great blend but I found others I liked better.

Status
Not open for further replies.