1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Basket Pipes.

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by chambers11283, Feb 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

I have always been skeptical on basket pipes, but recently my local pipe and cigar shop got in a big order of them, so i was in there earlier today for some cleaners and walked out with a new pipe. The pipe is very well made, it is Italian briar, and has a acrylic stem. Its smokes so great, the draw is so effortless, and the bowl dosent get very hot at all. Now im not usually a fan of a straight pipe but this one has just enough bend in it for me to be happy, and i love a rustic pipe with a huge saddle bit on it. So here are some pics of the new pipe.
    http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z378/chambers11283/newpipes2001.jpg
    And another
    http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z378/chambers11283/newpipes2002.jpg

2. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Good for you man ! Nice to bag a great pipe without busting the bank ! Plus , if something happens to it , you wont be to bummed out .

3. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Well done!, I've had a few cheap pipes that smoke as good as anything else - once a decent cake has built up (IMO -that's the important bit with them)
    Cheers, OT

4. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

That's nice!

It looks ... almost but not quite, like a quarter bent. Quarter bents are my favs. Good luck with it, Bub.

5. len smetona

len smetona Member

That is a good size, and the stem is my favorite, a wide, slightly bent, saddle.

6. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

Most basket pipes are seconds of some very good makers so if you don't mind a fill or minor imperfection, they can be very good smokers. I have several that are in my rotation with my high end pipes.

7. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

Thanks for all the kind words, and just a little FYI this pipe smokes great, i mean GREAT. I am having a bowl in it as I type this and its wonderful. I am very happy with it, very good price i got it for and it is put together so very well.

8. Smoker99

Smoker99 Active Member

Congratulations on a good smoking pipe. Basket pipes are basket pipes for a reason, but once in a while you get a jem. Luck of the draw.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.