Beacon

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmiket91

Had a bowl of McC's Beacon tonight. Holy hell, it's a great Va/Per. I'll take it over Bullseye Flake any day. Everything seems perfectly balanced - slightly citrusy, slightly peppery. It was a bowl full of compliments.

Pick some up and give it a try!

Sasquatch

Wizzard
Pipe Collector's Club America I think - anyway, McClelland is tinning up some old recipes for/from these guys. Jubilee, Beacon, Aurora, Tudor Castle.... and they're all just stupid good.

yinyang

Some rim charring is to be expected.
Patron
Well, with Aurora, just stupid. Tudor Castle is 'da bomb' though, I admit. The Jubilee love fest here means I'll have to add it to my 'possibles' list. And now Beacon....damned vicious powers of suggestion you all have.

Falconeer

Hi All,

Had the opportunity to try this one last year and thought it was one of the best virginias I have smoked in long career. Good plain undoctored tobacco with a taste very reminiscent of the sadly missed long discontinued Players Gold Leaf. Tasted great, smoked cool and just perfect on the strngth front.

I rarely rave about tobaccos but you could say I was highly taken with this one. It'd make a superb all day smoking tobacco and to me simply knocks Escudo into a corner,

Happy smoking

Gerry

Best to all

GlassEye

Now I have to get this as well on my next order, which is quickly becoming too large.

My wallet thanks you for keeping its weight down.

Gary

I was handed a nearly emptytin of this, vintage 2009, in a word: WOW! Really good chit mon. Smoking out of a Comoy dublin. Deeeeeeeelish.

First I saw the title and thought it said "bacon," and I wondered who the heck was making a bacon flavoured toby.

Then as I was scrolling down reading the posts I saw one by Falconeer and I wanted to let out a little cheer thinking he was back.

Twice I was deceived by this thread.
I hope the Toby's good.

Arkie

I haven't tried Beacon but I did get a tin of McC Aurora last summer and reviews claim the 2 blends are very similar. The Aurora was ok but I likely won't get any more of it.

IrishRover

Ain't life a biotch? I don't think you'd regret it if you like Red VA and Perique. I told my better half I'm going to call it (her name)...sweet and spicy!
:appl: LOL! Nice!
Sounds like I will like it. I've tried PS bullseye once and C&D Bayou Morning and I liked them.

Status
Not open for further replies.