Best choices for Vanilla?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the situation. My Father and I are heading to Newburgh, Indiana in a little less than 3 weeks for my Niece's wedding. My dad used to smoke a pipe years ago but has not for some time now. For the last few years any time we got together I would bring a few cigars and we would sit around and pass the time. He has said more than once that he misses smoking a pipe and loved the Vanilla flavor specifically. With this trip we will have lots of time to chat and smoke a few pipes. I have my eyes on a briar for him (that is the easy part) but I am looking for some suggestions and opinions on the tobacco for the ride. I would just ask him what he smoked but this will be a surprise for him and I don't want to give it away.

I read some reviews and done research but I would much rather hear what the PSF community has to say. have been smoking some Mac Baren Vanilla Creme and have a tin of Bob's Chocolate Flake to bring but I am looking to add more to the stockpile so any suggestions and experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks!

mattia76

Screw the Q!!!!
It will NOT taste nearly as good as it smells. And it will leave your pipe smelling bad if you smoke enough in there.

Go for Trout Stream from PipesandCigars.com
Russ told me they use a TON of vanilla in it.
It is a fantastic all day smoke that many members of my pipe club and customers and friends of mine enjoy.

Malcontent

Trout Stream is yummy. One of the few aros that I like.
You might also want to look at pipes & cigars in their sampler section. IIRC, they have a samler pack of 4 or 6 different vanilla blends. You and your Dad could try them all & compare notes.

I have yet to find a vanilla aro that I was satisfied with. The taste never lives up to the smell, and the tobacco usually doesn't come through. I have tried Mac Baren, Smoker's Pride, Gatlinburlier's Cade's Cove Cavendish, and others. If you have plenty of Bob's Chocolate Flake, I would stick with that. It's one of my favorite smokes.

Marker

I make my own vanilla blend for the reasons stated. I like a little vanilla but not a lot. Still want to taste the tobacco and have it burn well. Not leaving an overpowering room note.

A subtle vanilla room note with a great burn and high quality is Frog Morton on the town. I smoke that in a churchwarden and everyone that sits around me loves the subtle but vanilla type room note.

Status
Not open for further replies.