• This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Birth Year Pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your birth year, is your birth. Not much you can do to change that. Yes it is cool, so get it soon and it won't be as hard to find, as it will be fifty years from now.
You're right. I've always thought I have an old soul, and my wife agrees. I will have to convince her that I "need" it for a birthday gift :)

bubbagump

Patron
Your birth year, is your birth. Not much you can do to change that. Yes it is cool, so get it soon and it won't be as hard to find, as it will be fifty years from now.
Yup. Get looking for one now. I'd like a birth year pipe one of these days (1981 here), but they're few and far between in the shapes that I like (bent).

rondel65

Misplaces Lighters
Patron
Yeah, listen to Rockbass. I saw 65 Dunhill sell in excess of $700.oo dollars last year. Get your birth year pipe now while it still may be reasonably priced.

I wonder what would happen if you googled "1990(insert brand name here) pipe of the year"?
I have done this a few times. I have found some I like but am somewhat turned away by prices. I figure in a year or so, I will be able to convince the wife or just spring for one myself. In the meantime, I have a few months till my birthday to possibly lock one down and send the link to her.

Aye Lads, To join this discussion on me birth year takes us back to 1955.:old: Dunhill 1st choice followed by Peterson and GBD. :drly: They have got much harder to find if at all. :(

jpberg

Staff member
Just curious......What is the definition of "pipe of the year"? Is this the manufacturer's choice, or is it the one that sold the most that year?
A lot of maunfacturers designate a shape and finish, an possibly a fancy tamper or some other doo-dad, box it up and present as "Brand X" pipe of the year. It's a sales thing, and it works. I know guys who are actively working on collecting these sets.

POY came up in this thread as a simple way to find a pipe made in your birthyear, since most outfits aren't good at including year of manufacture in their nomenclature.

Status
Not open for further replies.