1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Birthday Savinelli

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by ArtisanArcher, Apr 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArtisanArcher

ArtisanArcher Member

My Fellow Pipe Smokers

Okay, so here's the deal. For my birthday this year I'm thinking about getting another pipe. Wanting to step up my class a little without breaking the budget I decided to turn towards Savinelli. Option One
    Option Two

Seeing as how I don't have a local tobacconist to go to, I'm just curious if anybody has any opinions on these. I've read the stats and I'm leaning more towards the second one. But any worth while opinions are welcome.

Happy Smoking
    Arty

2. Cobra

Cobra Member

If it were me, I favour the first one. :thumbsu:

3. WisconsinPiper

WisconsinPiper Member

Hell it's your birthday, buy 'em both!

4. jhe888

jhe888 Member

I prefer something not huge, so I'd get the first one. It is totally up to you, though.

5. David L

David L Member

I have the sister to the first one: the Trevi Rusticated 602. I love mine. It's very classy looking, light and smokes like a champ. So if you want all the of the above go for the Trevi! They are both nice though! Either one is a win!

6. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

I have a 316. The bowl flares out a bit,
    which makes it a good cannonballer, and
    it holds a full flake with ease. It's a bit
    on the heavy side, so I don't clench it
    much. I have no experience with the
    other one. FWIW

dp

7. Jay

Jay Active Member

+1 on the 626. I have one and it is a favorite of mine. The bowl is a bit smaller than most of my other pipes so makes for a shorter smoke. But damn classy and a great smoke to boot! A great go to pipe with enough class to be able to smoke anywhere.

Jason

8. akohtz

akohtz Member

That 316 looks heavy to me, but the first one is very pretty.

- Andrew

9. beammeuptothesky

beammeuptothesky Member

I like both of them and have seen them recently on SP. The 316 does seem a little on the heavy side but I wouldn't let that deter you from getting it. If I am not mistaken, the 316 does come in a smaller and lighter version although, maybe, not in your price range. They are both beautiful and will make you a happy smoker, no doubt! I am sure of that. :thumbsu:

Mountainhigh

10. qwik

qwik Member

AndrewK, What pipe is that showing in Avatar?

11. qwik

qwik Member

Fell for the Sandblasted Standwell Nordic 253. What a beaut, If not this one the option 1 liking these looks for PAD next up :thankyou:

12. Jay

Jay Active Member

Oh, and by the way Happy Birthday. Since you will be getting your own present, I don't feel the need to get you one myself!

13. Beale

Beale Active Member

First thing is to Wish You a Happy Birthday!!

I really like the 1st one! Very nice looking pipe! Beale.

14. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Pot shapes can be tuff to smoke sometimes . Not so much tuff as not as easy . Wide bowl thats shallow for the amount it is wide ya know . If yer a pro .. or just have a hankerin for a pot then go for it ! Otherwise I'd say bag the first one . The 626 shape is a great one . Not to big and easy to walk w/ etc .. A clasic shaped pipe :)

15. ArtisanArcher

ArtisanArcher Member

Thanks for the B-day wishes everybody. I ordered the second one, primarily because I don't have one like it...
    The challenge from the different chamber shape is welcome- I'm not a pro by any means, but I like learning and experiencing, that's why I started pipe smoking to begin with. Thanks for the info and opinions everybody. Oh, and Jay, to clarify, every year my parents give me $50.00 for my b-day to do with whatever I want... so technically I'm not buying this for myself... :thumbsu: Just sayin :thumbsu:

I might buy the first one later on this year, or maybe the 601 Churchwarden because I think it's sexy too.

Anyway
    Thanks again everybody!
    Happy Smoking
    Arty

16. akohtz

akohtz Member

Did you bid on that 253 on eBay? The price looks pretty good.

- Andrew

17. qwik

qwik Member

Set up e-bay pay-pal account, noob to all this. Placed bid, with intentions of placing winning bid at last minutes, Got distracted missed final bidding -=FAILED=- really ticked me off, hoping to get another find. Thanks for the tip dj

18. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

I have been eying the Option 1 Trevi for awhile and it is next on my PAD list actually.
    I never saw Option 2 before and like it. I might have to scope that one out some more. Let us know which you get and how you like it.
    I like spending other people's money too, so I vote buy them both!

19. Jay

Jay Active Member

I'm still not getting you anything, I am experiencing my own private recession.

20. akohtz

akohtz Member

That sucks, but there's always more. I figure if I miss the final bid it wasn't really meant to be anyway.

- Andrew

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.