1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Birthday Savinelli

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by ArtisanArcher, Apr 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArtisanArcher

ArtisanArcher Member

Got the 316, option 2, in two days ago. It's NICE!!! I'm going to take it down to the lake tomorrow afternoon for it's first smoke! I'll let ya'll know what I think about it tomorrow or the next day- I also need to finally do a review on my TAD order from a while back :)

Happy B-day to me!
    Happy Smoking
    Arty

2. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

Many happy returns on your special day, Arty! I hope your new Savinelli was the perfect companion for your afternoon by the lake.

3. redskull13

redskull13 Member

The first pipe looks best to me.
    If I were to buy either one, I would choose that.

4. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

I'd say you made a good choice, that stem looks comfy as all get out. I bet you'll like the way that black blast ages over the years, too, as the handling fades down the high spots and a little color starts coming through. What are you going to smoke in it? Something about that shape says 'sweet flake' to me. A pipe like that deserves to smell as good as it looks :)

5. ArtisanArcher

ArtisanArcher Member

Well, sweet is close to right. My favourite Toby is Smokers Pride Black Cavendish, mixed with PA and Paladin Black Cherry... So I'm going to dedicate it to this. The stem is VERY comfy too... though it is a bit heavy on the mouth. I did a bit of a "review" on it here at this link. I am enjoying it nicely though!

Thanks again.

6. ArtisanArcher

ArtisanArcher Member

First :) Welcome to the forum.

Second, I got the second one. Though I do have my eye still on the first for a later date, I'm finding that I need to go for some smaller bowled pipes, I just have a tendency towards the bigger ones, and more Toby isn't always better. :)

Happy Smoking
    Arty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.