Bit Of A Nice Surprise

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by AaronFromPA, Mar 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AaronFromPA

AaronFromPA Member

Evening all

Well I bit the bullet and went up to the tobacconist in the Erie mall today. I have been shying away from there due to the high prices on cigars. However, I knew they had a large amount of pipe tobacco and I assumed a decent selection since it was never the quality of the smokes there that was the problem.

The guy at the shop, presumably the owner was great. Very knowledgable and said the bulk blends where all done in house. I got a lot of questions answered and in the end left with an ounce of Burley Medium and an ounce of vanilla mild. I have tried a bowl of each now and am rather happy. I am not yet attuned enough to give a real review of the smoke but I felt it prudent to mention the shop and the positive experience. Oh and the price was good by me at only a few bucks an ounce. If ever you are in the area they may be worth a visit.

2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

The variety on the internet is great, but nothing beats sticking your nose in a couple dozen jars and selecting a week or two worth of treats! The closest thing I have to a pipe shop in this town is also the gas station and laundromat. :blink:

3. Marc

Marc Active Member

I tell you, I'm glad I live in a tobacco producing state where you can still find local tobacconist that have well stocked shops, like the Pipe and Pint in Greensboro, NC. I am also a firm believer in supporting your local tobacconist, even if you can get it cheaper on line, one day that option may not be there but hopefully my local tobacconist will be! :(

4. piper965

piper965 Member

Agreed!

5. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Agreed, x2!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.